Part 28 : The unforeseen happenings

Start from the beginning

"You think this can be any business rival?"

"I don't know. May be." Arnav palmed his face. He was also clueless who it could be!

"Calm down, Bhaiya! The person cannot touch our family!"

Arnav took a deep breath and nodded his head. He had increased the security and the boys hardly stepped out of home lately. Aryan had his exams coming up and Ayaansh was mostly at school due to the fest. There were negligible chances of the person trying to target their home. He hoped he was doing the right thing by not telling the kids about the threats. He didn't want to scare them. Aryan was too young to understand the gravity of the situation and Ayaansh was totally new to these surroundings. He was very excited about the fest and his performance. Arnav didn't want to dampen his happiness.

"Bhaiya?" Ayaansh called back to Arnav just when he was about to leave.

Arnav turned back. He had come to drop Ayaansh to his school. They had been arranging extra practice sessions for the fest in evenings. Ayaansh was thrilled with having a chance of learning from the professionals.

Ayaansh smiled and rushed back to hug him. Arnav ruffled his hair. "Kya ho gya?"

Ayaansh shook his head but didn't pull back. "Mai aapko aise hi hug nhi kar sakta?"

Arnav smiled. "Aisa toh nhi kaha maine."

"Mujhe darr lag rha hai, Bhaiya!"

"Kis cheez ka dar?"

Ayaansh stayed mum.

Arnav pulled back and cupped his face. "This is just a fest performance, Ayu. Kyun pareshan ho rha hai itna?"

"I want to perform well, Bhaiya!"

"So you will."

"Aapko kaise pata?" Ayaansh demanded childishly.

"Because I know my brother. I know you will perform amazing." Arnav caressed his face. "Bhaiya par bharosa hai na?"

Ayaansh nodded his head grudgingly, looking down. He trusted Arnav with his life but he was still scared. Arnav was just saying that to assure him. He was scared that he will let Arnav down. Singhania name carried a lot of prestige and he didn't want to tarnish their image. Singhanias had always been the best and he wasn't! That was what had him so much scared.

Arnav lifted his gaze to meet his own. "These fests, the people, I don't care what they say about you. Mera bachcha humesha mere liye best hai, remember that, hm?"

Ayaansh looked at Arnav with tears shining in the corner of his eyes. He didn't know how Arnav could give so much without asking for anything in return.

Arnav wiped away his eyes and kissed his forehead. "Just do your best. That's more than enough, okay?"

Ayaansh hugged him tightly and then nodded with a smile. He was in much better spirits. "Ghar ja rhe ho aap?"

"Pehle office jaunga. Kyun?"

"Aru ko muffins chahiye thi."

"Mai le jaunga." Arnav nodded his head with a smile. "Tujhe kuch chahiye?"

Ayaansh shook his head. His brother asked him that question almost everyday even after getting the same reply for umpteenth time.

"Kuch toh chahiye hoga?" Arnav asked him with a playful smile. "There's nothing that you want, out of everything in this world?"

But you're my world, Bhaiya! Ayaansh thought to himself. He wished he could voice out those words but something held him back.

"Kuch nhi chahiye, Bhaiya!"