CHAPTER 10: I RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD BUS

Start from the beginning

Grover wore his fake feet and his pants to pass as human. He wore a green rasta-style cap, because when it rained his curly hair flattened and you could just see the tips of his horns. His bright orange backpack was full of scrap metal and apples to snack on. In his pocket was a set of reed pipes his daddy goat had carved for him, even though he only knew two songs: Mozart's Piano Concerto no. 12 and Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday," both of which sounded pretty bad on reed pipes.

"This bitch-" Grover muttered.

Regulus brought a gun.

"What the actual fuck- " Said a Hufflepuff student.

Yes, I know it sounds wrong. But it had celestial bronze bullets that could only kill monsters. And the bullets never ran out. And it was apparently Regulus's weapon when he was at camp. And like most weapons it transformed into a watch. Regulus also brought a backpack full of money and food. (We had made it so that we each carried something that benefited all of us. And Reggie was assigned to food and money.)

"So you give children guns..." Blaise whispered, an evil glint forming in his eyes.

Theo smacked him.

Ara carried Vlosyross (disguised as a watch) and her dagger, (disguised as a ring) she also brought a thing of pepper spray. Ara was also bringing a bag with a permanent undetectable extension charm. The bag contained blankets, pillows, a jacket and a lighter, just in case. Ara also wore her celestial bronze coated sneakers.

Draco carried a bow and arrow that transformed into a crystal about the size of my thumb. All he had to do was tap the crystal twice and he became Legolas. Draco carried the last bag. It was full of ambrosia, nectar, and fake IDs that the Hermes cabin had made for us, when we asked why we would need these Fred and George simply winked and said that it was always good to be prepared. It also contained a fat bag of Jolly Ranchers for Ara.

"Did you seriously call me Legolas- " Hermes covered Draco's mouth before he could curse Percy.

We waved good-bye to the other campers, took one last look at the strawberry fields, the ocean, and the Big House, then hiked up Half-Blood Hill to the tall pine tree that used to be Thalia, daughter of Zeus. Chiron was waiting for us in his wheelchair. Next to him stood the surfer dude I'd seen when I was recovering in the sick room. According to Grover, the guy was the camp's head of security. He supposedly had eyes all over his body so he could never be surprised. Today, though, he was wearing a chauffeur's uniform, so I could only see extra peepers on his hands, face and neck. "This is Argus," Chiron told me. "He will drive you into the city, and, er, well, keep an eye on things."

"Ewwww, dad jokes." Nico groaned.

Draco cringed, "Chiron, please never say that again."

I heard footsteps behind us.
Luke came running up the hill, carrying a pair of basketball shoes.
"Hey!" he panted. "Glad I caught you."

Annabeth blushed, the way she always did when Luke was around.
Draco narrowed his eyes at Luke. Apparently Draco didn't trust him, said there had been something off about him for the past few months. Ara agreed. I didn't understand what they were on about. Luke was a nice guy. Not a murderer or something. When I said this, Draco shook his head, "That's not what we're saying. We think that there's just been something off about him, not like 'Hi, I just killed a million people.' But he seems different. Like he's hiding something. Trust me if you knew him before, you would see the difference."

"You guys really should have said something to everyone." Annabeth said.

"Would you have believed us?" Ara shot back.