5 - Part II

SPOILER ALERT 

Once in the room, I start to sort through everything, opening drawers and looking through the shelves to look for that document that I have now come to know. And... yes! I find it in one of the drawers. And in one of these other documents there will be the captain's signature that can be emulated. I only have one problem. All that's missing is the bloody stamp. Without that, this thing is worthless.

I almost catapult myself under the desk when I hear the door open. And then an unusual couple appears. The girl with orange hair and the boy with the straw hat. I sigh of relief and resurface.

"I remember you, you're the chocolate lady" that's what he remembers, of course.

"How much traffic today. What are you two doing here?"

"I could ask the same thing" Nami says, suspiciously. She must have a short memory or she's simply testing me.

"As I said, I'm looking for a stupid document"

"And we're looking for a map, have you seen one? I am Luffy, she's Nami by the way" he is about 5 meters away from me, to shake my hand he stretches his arm up to where I am.

"Woah. What just happened" this totally caught me off-guard. A fellow devil's fruit eater, I suppose. I am not surprised he gulped that down too.

"Ate a devil's fruit. Now I am stretchy. What's your name? If you tell us what you're looking for, we might help out" this guy is a river in flood. Not in a negative sense, on the contrary. it's strangely contagious

"I hate to interfere but it's not really the right time for introductions" Namy, on the other hand, seems quite irritated by the whole situation. And it doesn't bother me, because in her shoes I would react the same way.

"I am Xìa, anyway, and I am looking for the captain's stamp"

"We'll look around. I still owe you dessert" that dessert was a really big deal to him.

Time passes, the place is increasingly messier, but none of us find what we are looking for. And someone could notice at any moment that something is wrong with the office.

"Being here is getting dangerous by the second" I let it slip out loud.

"Says the girl who can become invisible" Nami mutters under her breath so only I could hear. Make no mistake, being invisible is useful, I will not deny it, but it comes with limits. And it does not make me invincible.

"And in fact I got arrested" I like to point that out.

"Uhm, guys? I think I found something" we turn around at the sound of Luffy's voice. He just found what appears to be a safe. And the alarm goes off.

"That's on you" I blame them. Although they might be after me for all I know.

"We're not together" Nami cares to underline.

"I couldn't possibly care less. I'm out of here"

I sneak out quickly, to avoid the hive of marines that will be here any minute. I hear the echo of footsteps, and for a second I forget the hidden sword, taking a smaller corridor where I seem to glimpse the light from a window.

Wrong move. I literally collide with something, or rather, someone.

"Looks like I do need my sword after all" so he did break free after all. Or someone untied him. Either way, no good news for me.

"These marines are so incompetent" I repeat what he had said before. I try to sneak past him but predictably, he grabs me by the arms and pushes me against the nearest wall. Gently this time.

"Where is it?" he means the sword. It takes me a second to realise that I left it behind. Gee, I forgot about it!

"Oh. Want to hear the good news or bad news first?" I try to not lose my cool. It's not easy when someone looks at you grimly.

"I am in no mood for games. Where is my sword. And if you disappear I swear..." I couldn't even if I wanted to. My power, or rather, one of my powers, is nice and all, but it comes with a big limitation. I can't become invisible if someone or something is holding me. And with Zoro holding my arms against the wall, I can't dematerialise. I need a way to get him to let go. But in the meantime I can't resist and provoke him.

"If I didn't know you I'd say you're becoming obsessed with me." he doesn't buy it. He stays right where he is.

"I am almost out of patience" I sigh. Change of plan, I tell him where it is, and he'll get out of my way.

"It's in the adjacent corridor"

"Do I look stupid to you?" this surprises me, but I hide it away from my face. I hadn't thought he might not believe me.

"I am serious, I hid it there to... it's a long story. It's there, behind the creepy bronze statue. Right underneath the curtain" he stares at me, deeply. I stare too, searching for a hint, a clue or something that indicates he's about to move. I give him one more verbal push.

"it won't come here waltzing you know, let me go and go get it" and I place my hands on his forearms to put a little pressure. Still, distrust is right there.

"Your loss" I am running out of time here. If they find me, I will be incarcerated for real this time. And I can't have that, for multiple reasons, Aileen being one of them. So, I make a choice. And believe me, I don't make it light-heartedly.

"Hey, the pirate hunter's here!" I yell. Luckily the window is open and there is a good draft. Looks like the right time for me to unleash my other power, actually partly connected with the first. I concentrate and move the air until it forms a small whirlwind that hits Zoro in the side enough to knock him off.

Then, as I spot Marines approaching, I disappear. 

A little bit more action  between the two. Hope you'll like it, let me know :D