4

The small group of Marines escorts us to the base, with Zoro in the middle, holding me by the arm. And not too gently may I add. We walk for a while, until we enter the base. It's hot and sunny today, I feel a bit of pity for those who are wearing a uniform.

"Could you be more civil? I am not going anywhere" I complain, blatantly moving my arm to make him understand he's holding too tight.

"I can ask my friend in the sack to make room for you, if you prefer" he's sassy, but at least he loosens his grip.

Blondie takes us to see his father, this Captain Morgan guy. He seems like a big deal, at least according to blondie. We are taken into his office, a dark room with two big windows. He's sharpening an axe, but what's impressive is that the axe is attached to his arm.

We enter, he barely acknowledges us.

"I've heard you sent four of our Marines to the infirmary without drawing a blade"

"I did not want to make a mess" I sneer, because they did make a mess. And he just glares at me.

"Roronoa Zoro. The Demon" oh, so he has a name after all. And it's not comforting.

"Most feared pirate hunter in the east blue" what???? Oh. Should have not robbed him perhaps. Not my luckiest day. I've heard his name before, and he frightens a lot of people. Especially some fellow criminals. Now I get it.

"If it's the same I'll collect my money and go. And there's her too. She robbed me"

"You have no proof. I came all the way to say that to captain Morgan" he ignores me completely. They all do.

"I'm leaving her here" captain morgan nods and three of his men take me away from there. they're accompanying me to a small cell, and while they're looking away, I snatch the keys. Then I let them push me in and close the door. I decide to stay put for one night, to let the situation cool off. But the morning after it's time to go home.

I still have the problem of avoiding a bounty or an order on my head. So I need to forge a document. Not proud to say I've done this before. It was when I was put in smaller cells, but still. I just need to find the right office. So I walk down the corridors of this huge place that looks like a maze.

I have to be careful not to let myself be seen, so I make myself invisible when needed, but I can't walk like this the whole time. The more I use my power, the more it wears me down. Unfortunately, I must dose it. I enter something like five rooms, and I find absolutely nothing.

Then a sixth one. And it's not difficult to understand whose it is. it is well furnished, more luxurious than the others, but above all a gigantic portrait of the blond guy with the bad haircut stands out on the wall. The boy must have delusions of grandeur.

Then something in the corner catches my attention, a white sword with engravings. I didn't remember the Marines having this style, but maybe since this guy has a big ego he also has a different sword. In any case, it can be useful to me. A good price will probably come out of it.

I keep walking with no success, until I open a door that overlooks an external arch facing the courtyard, and I glimpse something. There is some kind of wooden cross and someone is tied to it.

Can't believe it.

"Well, well, well. How the tables have turned" he looks at me, annoyed, and not surprised.

"These guys are so incompetent" he murmurs to himself, seeing I have escaped.

"Look I'd love to stick around and chat but I have to get myself out the trouble you so kindly put me in" then his indifferent face becomes enraged when he looks down and spots the sword.

"Give me back my sword, now" oh, that's the tone he used on blondie. Kinda makes me want to shiver.

"Your sword. It was in blondie's room" I was not too convinced that that guy could have a sword like that. And I do recall Zoro having three swords. So I guess he's right this time. But it's fun to antagonise him.

"I could call someone right now and they'd catch you again"

"You could. But then I could do this" I usually don't reveal my power but I was dying to see surprise on his face.

"What the..." meanwhile I got behind him and I pat his shoulder with a finger.

"I really need to go now"

"You sell that sword, I swear I'll hunt you down to the edge of the world" he's pure fire. If looks could kill I'd be dead right now. Instead, he can't move luckily for me. So I get to play cocky a bit longer.

"Rookie mistake, you showed me that you care. You've just confirmed it's worth a fortune"

"I am not joking. You've seen what I do to people on my list" I guess he's referring again to the guy cut in half lying in the sack. And I'll admit, it's not the best perspective. But I can't show fear at this point.

"Hadn't you just threatened me, I might have considered untying you. But you're being mean. Besides, you won't need the sword for a while, will you" and I disappear. I'd slow clap myself in this moment. That was a great way to drop the curtain.

I don't think I am going to sell it. Out of gratitude for Rica I think I might give it back to him. He seemed quite attached to it. In the meantime, something tells me I am going to regret taking it in the first place.

A little more interaction between the two. Let me know what you think and thanks for reading :D