Sejal took a deep breath, her expression empathetic yet determined. "First, take a deep breath, Ridhima. I know this is overwhelming, but you need to make a decision. You have two days before the proceedings. You can either go through with the divorce, or you can try to talk to Vansh and see if there's a chance to salvage your relationship."

Ridhima nodded, her mind still reeling. "But what if he doesn't want to talk or listen? What if he's made up his mind?"
Sejal placed a reassuring hand on Ridhima's shoulder. "You won't know until you try, Ridhima. This is your chance to communicate openly and honestly. If he's willing to talk, you might be able to understand each other's perspectives and decide whether there's a way forward."

Next day

Vansh was all day in his office room. He mind was all messed up. He was playing with the paper weight on the table. He wanted to call Ridhima and tell her how much he misses her and tell her not to leave him, even if he had beg on his knees he was ready. But he was not ready to leave her. He was in his own world when there was a knock on the door. He can back to his senses.

"Come In."...... "Lily? You need anything?"

Lily shook her head. Vansh sat on the couch and she also sat beside him.

"I.... I.. I am sorry Vansh. I am really sorry." And she broke down into tears. "I know I ma..made a terrible mistake b..y di..sclosing yo...ur divorce to your fa...mily. It w..was wrong of me t..to me..ddle in your pe..personal affairs, and I understand if you're angry with me."

Vansh looked at her she was crying and covering her face with her palms. "Lily, you have no idea how much chaos that caused in my family. But more than that, it hurt Ridhima deeply. She felt betrayed, and I can't even begin to explain the turmoil it caused between us. I admit they were going to know either way about our divorce but this wasn't....."

"I know Vansh, I let my feelings for you cloud my judgment like that. I thought... I thought that this way they will start to despise Ridhima. I don't hate her but my love for you made me blind. I didn't think straight."

Vansh caressed her hair. "I am hurt by your actions Lily. But I hope you won't repeat this type of action. And love shouldn't involve hurting others or manipulating situations."

"You're right, Vansh. I see that now. I want to make things right, if you'll let me. I want to apologize to Ridhima as well and try to mend the damage I've caused."

"Yes, you should apologize to her." he said in a low voice.

Lily nodded and said, "I will...I will go back to the US after that. I hope she forgives me."...... "I am again very sorry, I wish I had never even thought about that.

***

Lily came inside a room, Aryan and Sia were playing games.

"Yaah that was cheating. You cheater..." Sia was hitting Aryan's arms as he was defending himself.

"You don't know how to play then I am cheating. First go and learn, girl."

"What are you two doing?" Both of them turned and saw Lily on the door steps.

"Oh Lily, we were playing but this idiots keeps on cheating." Sia glared at Aryan.

Lily chuckled a little bit. "It is not good to cheat Aryan." Aryan rolled his eyes.

"Yes, lily please give him some brain cells. I am going to do my assignments."

With that Sia left.

Lily closed the door and sighed. Aryan sat on the couch, "What happened to you? Why are you like this?"

"Aryan..... We did a great mistake."

"What do you mean?"

Lily looked up to him, "I don't how to tell you this but....i have promised Vansh..."

"What are you trying to say, Lily?"

"Vansh.... Wants to make you the CEO of his next company."

Aryan looked at her with wide eyes, "What?"

"Yes Aryan, and now please don't do any stupid thing like we did."

"No...no...how...you?"

"I was with Vansh about this meeting. He has done every preparation about this, and now he is planning to surprise you on your birthday. He trusts you so much."

He covered his face in his palms, "Oh God, what did I do?" he whispered. "I will not be able to even look at him. I ....I th...thought he always....always said that I wasn't even able to handle myself and would never....then ....how....?"

"So you thought that he means that, he doesn't love you or trust you, because you are not his own brother."

Aryan broke down in tears. Lily sat beside him and hugged him.

"We both did mistake, Aryan. I am not any good to tell you what to do now."

"No...No...it was all my fault....i was the one behind all this.... I brought into this mess too...It was all me..." (sobs)

"Please don't think like that. I should have been careful too. I was older then you, I should have made you understand this was wrong.....bu...but I too was so into jealousy that ...i..i forgot what is right and what is wrong."

"I will not be able to face anyone now. I am ashamed of myself.... I don't know what to do..."

"It is never too late Aryan. I think you should talk to Vansh."

"No..never... he will hate me for the rest of his life."

"But you have to tell him some day."

Aryan shook his head and sobbed. He wept so much that he started to hiccup.
He always that Vansh doesn't see him as capable of running a company. Vansh too always used to tease him. But when Vansh offered Ishani her own company he felt like Vansh doesn't want him to be the CEO because he doesn't want a rival, that too his own cousin. So he decided to get revenge. When he saw the divorce petition in the wardrobe, he couldn't think straight. He already Lily's feeling towards Vansh. So he planned all this. But now suddenly Lily came and told him the truth, he felt ashamed. He didn't even have the courage to come forward and apologize.