chapter 24

He knew this was going to happened one day or the other, but he was never prepared for it.

His phone rang, but he didn't pick it up. It rang again, but he didn't pick. It rang again, this time he picked it only to throw it at the wall and the ring stopped. He breathed heavily and moved forward rested his arms on the desk and his head on his arms.

From yesterday he was here, he didn't went to home, nor let anyone meet him and just like Ridhima he also hadn't eaten anything. And he cared less for himself. He just wanted to see Ridhima in front of him safe and happy, in his arms. And he wondered if she was happy now, will she be laughing right now with her friends and not caring about anything. And this pained him even more that she is happy without him. He wasn't even here, his mind was just on Ridhima.

The door knocked making him to come back in reality. He rested his back again on the seat back, and looked at the door. Again there was a knock. The knock stopped and the landline rang, he sighed, he knew who it could be.
"Sia go home, why are you here?" He shouted. She came three times from morning.

The person on the other side of the door flinched, "It..it is not Sia, It is me Lily. Vansh please open the door."

Vansh sighed, "Go home, Lily. I don't want to talk to anyone. Please." He shouted back.

"No..never I will not leave you here. Enough is enough, Vansh. Now come out. Look everyone is worried, please, at least answer their calls, they are so worried." She shouted back.

"Yes I will, now please go."

"NO. I am just waiting here, until you yourself come out and go home with me." And she sat there, "I am just sitting here."
Vansh just closed his eyes for some time and remembered how all this happened yesterday.

Flashback

"Ridhima, you tell me what do you want?"

Ridhima looked at Dadi and then her gaze shifted to Vansh, who was looking at her with countless emotions.

"Don't be afraid, just tell me."
She ducked her head and said, "I want to leave."

Vansh closed his eyes wanting avoid the reality, but it is what it is. He can't avoid it.

"I am sorry." Ridhima said. This was what she always wanted right? This was what she has always planned right?

And without knowing he fell asleep on the chair. And Lily rested her back against the wall and closed her eyes eventually she also fell asleep against the wall.

***

Ridhima opened her eyes and it was a little dark in the room indicating that it is evening. She looked at the clock and it was post 7. She sighed and sat on the bed. She looked at her hands and found them empty, and she realized that she gave the bangles back to Chanchal.

"I am sorry, Chachi ji. I don't deserve these bangles. They were never meant for me. Again I am sorry for keeping you in the dark." She said while just looking down. And handed her the bangles.

"You know I am really upset on you. I trusted you. But I can't even blame you." She glared at Vansh, who looked away.

She got teary again remembering what happened. And suddenly the door opened slowly.

"Oh you are awake now?" Sejal smiled and came inside. "Good, you know I have prepared your favorite dishes. Now go and get freshen up and we will have dinner."

"Sejal... I.... I am not hungry."

"Oh no honey, hungry or not, you are going to eat. I prepared so much for what. Get up." She made an angry face, which made Ridhima chuckle, she nodded in her tears and stood up.