chapter 11

~NARRATOR'S POV~

harry and draco had been dating for a couple of years. the rest of Hogwarts was a wonder, spending absolutely every second with each other. they competed in every possible thing that they could, still embracing the childhood rivalry. but they were also in love. before, the little actions were the most delightful, a slight brush of hands or a simple smile, but after being outed, they were open to everyone. they held hands all the time, and shared sweet kisses when they were alone. with the occasional sex, depending on your definition of frequent.

but as time went by, recently, harry felt that something was going on, and that scared him. he began to wonder what draco was up to. he kept randomly leaving while they were spending time together, getting distracted when harry was talking to him, and he was just completely stressed. 

harry didn't know what to do. draco had been so distant lately, maybe he was losing interest in harry. 

so when draco was gone, harry would sit still, stare at the wall, and cry. he would cry about his parents, and how he had to survive this whole damn world by himself. he would cry about his friends and how they were probably going to grow apart. and he would cry about draco. he would cry and cry for this man. why is he so confusing? he would think, his love unbreakable by any actions from the boy.

he would confide in hermione and ron, but they never gave him the comfort he truly needed. the days passed by like this, stuck between despair and longing for happiness with the love of his life. 

today though, it's different. draco left early, leaving harry alone with his thoughts again, but he left a note on his bed stand. though it's difficult to read his scrawny handwriting, he manages it. 

hi baby,

i'm sorry about everything lately. i just can't understand how someone as perfect as you can be with someone like me. i'm getting ready for something big, but as soon as you read this can you call hermione and say hi? i love you. thank you.

love, your one and only,

draco

harry's mouth quite literally drops on the ground upon reading that letter because he slips on the edge of the carpet and lands face first into the ground. he sits up and rubs his forehead, utterly confused by what he'd just read. but he decides since he had nothing better to do, that he will ring up hermione.

she picks up after the first ring and giddily yells into the phone. "HARRY, DID YOU JUST GET UP? DID-" she gets interrupted by ron screaming from seemingly across the room, "HARRY GET YOUR ARSE OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW." he sends him an amused salute and jumps out of bed to get ready, listening to them bicker with each other, and smiling to himself. maybe i can enjoy today with my best friends, if i can't spend it with my boyfriend. harry muses, hopping down the staircase two at a time. 

the call had ended a while back when the morons were fighting over the phone, but harry had managed to make plans with them before they had started. he takes a step forward towards the kitchen, but is blocked by a bulky figure. he backs away and sees a mop of red hair adorning the boy's head. instantly, harry's mind clicks into place and he runs back into the boy, squeezing him in a tight embrace. 

he feels a low chuckle echo beneath him and he smiles before another body presses up against him from the back, hugging him with an insane amount of pressure. his arms release from the red head and instead wrap around the pretty brunette behind him as he turns to face her. 

"hey guys." harry quacks, ecstatic to have seen them after such a long time. a long time being two and a half days. "HARRY WE LITERALLY HAVE TO GO." hermione responds, panicked. his expression once again morphs into confusion, but allows himself to be dragged out of the door of his house. 

ron hands harry a slip of parchment, and offers him a soft smile. harry greedily rips it open, eager to figure out the story behind their awkwardness. on it has his beloved's ugly handwriting, written as cleanly, and as neatly as possible.

great. you're outside. i set something up for you, and i hope you like it. this is the first clue.

"the arms are fair, when the intent of bearing them is just."

remember the first silly fight we had? where was it?

of course, he set up a goddamn scavenger hunt for harry. he smiles to himself at the poetic meaning behind the simple note and identifies the quote as shakespeare. he and draco had always had a thing for him, and claimed that he wrote the lovely scripts for them, and their love. 

then he realizes what draco is hinting at. hogsmeade. the first time they truly fought, it was over flirting with a barista. they ended it by agreeing wholeheartedly that they both did it and that he was cute. what a wonderful day.

harry grabs ron and hermione's wrist and smirks, knowing this day is going to be filled with reminiscing the most beautiful memories he's ever made, and says,

"let's get the fuck out of here." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm sorry, and i mean it. i completely lost track of this story and school has been piling up for me along with extra work i needed to complete and i forgot to update.

i would be lying if i set a guaranteed time to publish the next part because i don't know when that'll be, but i'll try my hardest to get it out soon.

please tell me if there's anything wrong with my grammar or anything! i'd love to hear yall's thoughts. 

i've started on a gxg but progress is slow, so i'll try to finish the first 10 chapters up as fast as i humanly can.

thank you so so so much for 950 reads my heart is swelling with pride, i'm really really happy. 

and thank you to the 58 people who have put in the effort into reading this, i love you all. 

thank you and have a good day/afternoon/golden hour/evening/night/whatever time of day it is for you right now!!