six

Alana

The boat day was not as bad as I had thought it would be. It felt just like old times, plus a few people. Since Trevor is so set on making Emma think we are actually dating, he hasn't made me want to kill him.

In fact, he listened to everything I said. He was being nice and not as annoying as he normally is. I like this version of Trevor.

Or do not hate this version.

It almost makes me forget how he asked me to a middle school dance just to make out with another girl in front of me. Or how he pushed me in the pool in front of the guy I was in love with in high school and again when he came to visit Michigan one weekend. It almost makes me forget that he fucked my best friend and then wrote on his freshman dorm room wall his rating of her with a picture. 

Almost. 

"Who's getting on the tube?" Luke and Will ask once they get back into the boat. Emma looks at Trevor and he looks at me. I try to look away because sure, I am not having a horrible time, I have no interest in doing this right now. 

"We got it," Trevor stands up and grabs my hand to put me up with me. 

"I am not-" Before I can finish, Emma speaks up. 

"Aw, is little miss rich girl too good for some real fun? It's ok Trev, I got it with you. As long as your girlfriend doesn't mind but I'm sure she does. Seems a little obsessive," 

That was my last straw. Me? Obsessive? Over Trevor? Absolutely not. But this was my chance to not go with him so I was a little grateful. 

"Oh my god Emily, I do not mind at all. You two have fun," I smile at her. 

"It's Emma,"

"That's what I said," 

With that she rolls her eyes and takes Trevors hand. He glares at me a little while he rushes him to the end of boat. I felt a little bad since he has been so nice all day. But I was not about to be seen as some crazy jealous girlfriend on Trevor Zegras. 

It's against everything I stand for. 

I let Emma enjoy her fun and I stay on the dry boat with my actual friends. I can hear annoying screams while Trevor is weirdly silent almost. He seemed upset and I understand why but at the same time it is not my fault. She hit me that comment and I was not going to argue. 

"So Mrs. Zegras, how is the married life treating you," My best friend hands me a hard seltzer and laughs. 

"Jules, we are not married, we are dating. And it isn't even real," I whisper scream back at her. She laughs and looks around for sight of Jamie. 

The one thing about all of this that I am confused about is how Jamie, his "best friend" has no idea this whole thing isn't real. Like wouldn't he know if Trevor had a girlfriend for a year. Wouldn't that be something that gets brought up?

That's when it hit me. 

He's had it all planned. There is no way he hadn't told Jamie he had a girlfriend. Jamie came here on purpose knowing Trevor's 'girlfriend' will be here. That's why he was so frantic the morning they came. 

"Lana, we haven't had a minute alone. Just wanted to talk to you," And as if on cue, Jamie had sat down right next to me on the boat.

"Yeah, what's up?" I say keeping my eyes locked on the couple in the water. 

"I just wanted to say I have heard a lot about you. Z used to love visiting you at Michigan, he would get all excited every few weekend," 

Oh. So not only did he lie for a year about having a girlfriend, he specifically said it was me. This was fully planned. I am so going to kill him now.

"Yeah, he used to show up at the boys frats. It was really-" I stop myself thinking of what to say. "It was always a surprise when he showed up,"

What I said was true. It was truly a surprise every time. Not a good one, in fact it was a terrible surprise every time. Every single time when me and Jules decided to go meet the guys out, and I was greeted by this obnoxious little Boston boy, oh I wanted to go home immediately. 

As I get lost in my thoughts and continue small talk with Jamie, the worlds cutest couple gets back on the boat. Trevor, who is soaking wet sits next to me and slides an arm around my shoulders. 

"Hey babe, how are you," He smiles.

"I'm great. How was your little date?" I joke. Trevor laughs a little and Emma stands right in front of me. 

"He is such a gentlemen Elena, really, you are so lucky,"

Before I can say anything Trevor and Jamie in unison correct my name for me. Emma just smiles with a sly smirk and a 'right.' I try to keep playing nice and ignoring her but it keeps getting harder to like her. Or even stand her for that matter. 

"You guys have been dating for awhile," She starts. "So how come you two aren't sharing a room?"

"Well Jules and Lana always share, plus why would one of the girls sleep in a room with the guys," Trevor shrugs. "Plus we can control ourselves for a week," 

She rolls her eyes and walks over to Jack. I stay seated between the two guys and Jules sits across from me with Quinn. Everything just seemed to perfect with the original group. And Jamie since he is normal. I would love this if Emma wasn't here. 

"Sorry I brought her by the way, she kind of didn't give me a choice," Trevor shrugs and pulls me closer to him. 

"It's cool dude, I got my girl and my boys, Emma's not gonna ruin this," He laughs. 

He stayed so calm and played the whole role a little way too well. My thoughts were small at first but now I can't stop getting in my own head. Every time I try to hold a conversation even with my best friend or my brother, my thoughts are in a different place. 

I just don't know what the place is. It's like a bunch of empty thoughts. 

A/N: getting back on track with updates sorry for the longer wait!