David had to get used to having a woman back in the house, but he couldn't lie, it felt good to have someone cook for him and peel his brain back and and dig in his mind.

It took a few days for things to go back to normal with her, but when they did, it was as if everything she told him, didn't exist, as she made sure not to ever bring it up again.

"What you mean?"

"You aight?"

"I'm fine," she placed a faint smile on her face once she turned around.

David wore a suspicious look upon his face as he eyed her.

Dressed in a plain black tee and some short jean shorts, her hair was now dyed a dark brown.

"You sure. Sound like ya insides was coming out in there."

She laughed.

"Naw, think its that bad ass spaghetti you made last night," she teased, to which David now looked at her stoically.

"Naw, seriously, I'm fine. Sometimes certain sauces do not agree with my stomach, but I'm good. I promise."

She pranced over to him, standing on her tippy toes.

"I brushed my teeth," she assured him before giving him a few pecks on the lips.

Other thoughts quickly ran through David's mind, but he didn't even want to think about that, so he pushed them farther back.

"Um...breath still foul."

She smacked her lips as he cracked a smile.

"Fuck you."

Pushing him away, he only grabbed her arm back, bringing her close. He then stared down at her.

"What?" She looked back at him.

"You took that Plan-B?" he asked, allowing his intrusive thoughts to win anyway.

"Yes. As soon as I got up. Can't get pregnant that damn fast."

"You right. What we doin today before I leave though. You only got a nigga for a couple mo hours." David said next, now opting to pick her up.

"I don't know...but you gotta let me go get more clothes. I feel like I've been wearing the same shit, minus your stuff."

"Aight. Well hurry up, I got some shit I got to handle too real quick," David placed her back down.

"Okay...I'm ready."

Placing all her days worth of clothes back into the suitcase she'd packed, the two then exited David's home and entered his car, where he drove her back home. Their ride was filled with low music and their usual shit talking. The second he pulled in the parking lot of her apartment building, she looked over at him, her heart slightly spilling.

"What nigga?" he joked.

"Nothing," she answered lowly.

"Okay, well lets go, I can't be late for my check in," David said, referring to one of his detailing shops.

Waiting for him to get out and open the door on her side, she stepped out of the truck, with David closing the door and walking her inside the building. Once at her door and inside the apartment, David closed the door behind him, as he watched her place her bags upon the floor.