Chapter 28: Valentine's Day

Jade

Today is Valentine's Day, so it's been almost a month since my game against Penn State. And that was the last time I have seen Nika in person. We have been messaging and FaceTiming, but we still want to find time to see each other again.

Long distance relationships suck, but if you manage to get through this you can get through anything together. So we definitely have good communication, she tells me about her day and how practice is going, and I do the same. We talk about how we are feeling and if we either of us has a problem we talk it out.

Honestly even though we are not together physically every day. I still believe that this is the best relationship I have ever been in. Nika is definitely the best and I can definitely see a future with her. She is good for my mental health and she believes in me. She gives me strength and confidence unlike my exes who did the opposite.

I love her so much to the point that I am sad that we can't be like a normal couple and go out in public as a couple. And it hurts that we can't spend Valentine's Day together.

We have talked about going public and we decided to wait until after my national championship tournament. She said that I deserve to not have the added stress from the press. And honestly it feels good to know that she thinks about how not only it will effect her life but also mine.

That's another reason why she is the best thing to ever happen to me, because I usually am the one who has to sacrifice everything. But with her I feel like her equal. We both compromise for each other. She is my perfect half.

When I woke up this morning, I woke up to a message from Nika.

Nika- Happy Valentine's Day beautiful! I love you so much and wish that I could spend the whole day together. I am sorry that we couldn't this year. But I promise you that I will definitely make it up to you.

Happy Valentine's Day gorgeous! I will definitely hold you to that promise. I'm definitely going to miss you today. Hana is celebrating with Hayden, so I'm stuck going to a party with Maddie.

Nika- I am going to miss you too. And I am also stuck going to a party with Paige. Just try not to have too much fun without me lol.

I can definitely promise that I will not have that much fun today. But I am just going to keep telling myself that we will get through this together. Plus we get to see each other during the NCAA tournament. I will be in the stands cheering you on.

Nika- And I will also be cheering you on for your national championship.

Yeah definitely can't wait. Both of our teams are doing amazing this year.

Nika- You can say that again, because you're team is still on a winning streak. And we lost to South Carolina.

But you guys found hard that game, and it was a great game to watch. I still believe you guys are going to be champions. Just be confident and don't underestimate any of the teams, because they made it there for a reason.

Nika- I will definitely keep that in mind and I am totally going to give the rest of the team this pep talk.

I'm glad that you want to share my words with the team. Definitely makes me happy to know that I encourage you and your team.

Nika- You definitely make my days brighter lol. You mean so much to me.

You mean a lot to me too.

Nika- Well I got to go and hopefully you will get the gift I sent to you.

I have to go too, and I also sent you a gift too.

Nika- I love you so much. Have a Happy Valentine's Day