Chapter 3: Eye of the Hurricane

Jade

One of the worst storms out there are hurricanes. And my relationship with Matt is just like a hurricane. The welcome back party and the abuse that I endured that night was the first wave of the hurricane and since then we've have been in the eye of the hurricane.

It has been two months since the welcome back party. And since then it has been calm between me and Matt. We have been on 7 public dates, so everyone still remembers how perfect we are. Five days a week he takes me to and from practice acting like the most perfect boyfriend. In between those times I avoid him.

I spend the rest of my time with Hana and Maddie. Honestly I don't even know if I would be here without them. Mostly we stay at the house and watch movies or go to the gaming room to play games.

I don't go off campus without Matt because the last time I did he hit me a couple of times telling me that I can't go without him.

He believes that if we go out in public without each other the internet will start break up and cheating rumors. Which I told him that it's stupid and hit me again for saying that. So that is why I never leave without him until...

Hana- Hey Jade I got three tickets to go see my sister play this weekend in Tennessee do you want to go? Maddie already said yes.

Can it be a secret? Because you know what Matt would do to me if he found out that I left without him. Plus I would just call my dad and have him cover for me.

Hana- I promise not to post any pics of you on my social media account if you will come.

Okay I will go because honestly I am a UConn husky fan.

Hana- I know you have a poster of the team on your wall and it's fun watching the game with you even though you yell at the tv like they could hear you.

Do you think your sister could get Paige Bueckers to sign my UConn shirt?

Hana- Even better I believe she could introduce you to Paige.

Seriously that would be a dream come true.

Hana- Okay, so we will leave tomorrow after practice and you can tell Matt that you are spending the weekend with your dad.

That's a good plan but we are going to have to take separate vehicles, because I can't leave my car here and we all can't fit in my car. So I will just follow you guys up there. Also I will give you cash for my part of the hotel room. Because I don't want to have a paper trail.

Hana- sounds like a plan see you tomorrow.

The next day I was just finishing up practice and changed into a hoodie and joggers. I told Maddie that I will see her when I get home and told her that I can't wait for the trip and game.

As I walked to Matt's truck I noticed that it's 10 am so we only had a two hour practice today, so we have plenty of time to make it to the game tonight. I already packed my stuff up for the trip before practice and so did Maddie and Hana so when ever I lose Matt we will head off.

Matt was walking from baseball practice and he came up behind me and hugged me. His friend yelled at us to get a room before hoping into his car.

Matt opened the door for me and I got in then he got in on driver's side.

Matt- so what do you want to do this weekend?

Sorry Matt I forgot to tell you that I am actually spending time with my dad this weekend. He's taking me camping with my brothers. ( I texted my dad last night to cover for me and told him the story that I am telling Matt)

Matt- where?

At Carlye lake. For the whole weekend.

Matt- okay I guess I will have to be by myself this weekend.

We can go somewhere when I get back, but it will be Tuesday night because Monday night is late practice.

Matt- deal

He pulled in front of the softball house and we kissed before I hopped out of the truck and went inside. I ran upstairs to my room Maddie and Hana were there waiting for me.

Hana- ready to go girls

Me and Maddie said that they were ready, but I told them to go ahead and go and that I will meet them at the gas station next to the interstate. This way we are not leaving at the same time.

So Hana and Maddie left while I put my UConn husky Jersey on and put my hoodie back over it. Then I grabbed my bag and hopped into my car and left.

What I didn't realize is that I was getting tailed by a black bmw and Matt is with him.

I met up with the girls at the gas station and then I followed her all the way to Tennessee. We got there early so we head to the hotel first to check in we are all three sharing a room that has two Queen beds and a pull out couch. I told them that I will take the pull out. We dropped off our bags in the room and fixed our hair and make up. Then we took some pics and Maddie and Hana only posted pics of each other.

After that we headed to the UConn game. We all rode in Hana's car. When we got there it was still shoot around and our seats were only five rows behind UConn's bench. Hana went to say good luck to her sister. She wanted me to go with but I told her that I will meet her sister after the game.

Nika

I was just standing by the bench talking to Paige when someone came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and it was my sister.

Hana- Hey sis good luck on the game. Me and my friends are going to be cheering you guys on.

Wait you have friends? I have to see it to believe it.

Hana- haha very funny and they are right there.

I turned around to see a very tall blonde which must be Maddie because Hana talks about her a lot. But standing next to her is a gorgeous brunette wearing a UConn jersey with the number 10 on it.

Hey Hana I know Maddie is the blonde, but who is the beautiful brunette wearing my jersey?

Hana- Oh that's Jade and she's taken by the way. Also she's a bigger fan of Paige anyways.

(When I heard my sister tell me that it made me a little bummed, but I would want to meet her anyways.) Well I wouldn't mind meeting her and I know Paige loves meeting her fans.

Paige- yeah Hana I would like to meet your friends too after the game. Just wait here when the game is over and then we can meet before heading to the hotel.

Hana- what hotel are you guys staying at?

The Fairfield.

Hana- we are staying there too maybe we can hangout there after the game too.

Okay see you after the game.

After that Hana returned to her seat with Jade and Maddie. Honestly I am going to show Jade that Paige is not the only player on the team that can score.

Author note: I hope that this chapter lives up to your expectations and I figured I would leave most of the darkness for the next chapter. Also you finally got to see Nika and what she thinks about Jade. In the next chapter, you get to find out what Jade thinks. And don't forget to comment.