🌿 | the plan (26)

Start from the beginning

I grin. "Thank you."

_______________________________

I walk out the door to see Jj, i pull a few strands of hair over my eye to make sure he doesn't notice yet.

He's on his motorbike. I walk over.

"Where have you been?" He asked. "I called you like 3 million times."

"Well, my phones probably somewhere across the Atlantic ocean." I shrug, fixing my self up on the back of the bike.

He laughs before immediately stopping and pushing my hair out of the way.

I take his hand off. "J.."

"No- I told you if it happened again I'd fucking slaughter him." I see his fists tense up.

"Yeah, but right now is like.. seriously not the time." I frown.

"Why, what." He asks.

"Look, we need to take Ren in for a few nights. He's been.. he's been hurting her while I was gone." I hesitate to say, because right now I'm just in a state of blaming myself.

"That's fucked up, Darla." He shakes his head.

"Mhm. But- anyways, that's not the main issue right now. Where are we going?" I ask.

"To go bust JB outta jail, where else?" He smirks.

I roll my eyes. "Do you even have a solid plan?"

"Mmm.. yeah, It's pretty sturdy." He shrugs.

I smile. "You're the messiest guy I've met."

"Okay, We're just gonna go visit him, let him know what's about to go down.. Then I'll explain it all to you after." He explains, revving up the bike.

I huff. "Yeah, okay. This better work Maybank."

"Relax, honey. It'll work."

I hit him for calling me honey, even though I literally fucking adored that to its fullest.. but he doesn't need to know that.

______________________________

We walk in the County Jail, strolling up to the guy at the desk.

"We're here to see John Booker Routledge." I smile, a toothpick in my mouth.

He rolls his eyes when he sees Jj with blasting music. He also has a pick in his mouth.

"No music, and get rid of the toothpicks." He tells us.

I slowly remove my toothpick.

"I can't hear what you're saying, mam, alright?" Jj yells. "These things are on full blast! We're here to see John b Routledge."

He looks at me, unimpressed and getting annoyed.

I sigh before pulling the headphones off of his head.

"Ohh, music?" He looks at me.

"Mhm." The guy nods.

"Well, I thought this was a free country and all but I guess you- don't like freedom very much now, do you cupcake?" He smiles.

I cross my arms as the guy grabs him and throws him up against the wall.

"Uh, not worth it." I hear a bitchy ass voice call from down the hallway.

The man let's go of Jj.

Jj smirks, taking out his pick and looking over at Officer Plumb. "Good to see you, Plumb. Just nice to have something in your mouth." He holds up the pick.