Hmmm... would that actually make us a pair of underwear enthusiasts? It really doesn't sound that bad at all., I think.

Since even I had become extremely interested in Sis Lin's inherited way of buying lingerie, I soon replied to Sis Lin,

"Yes! Let's go 'Treasure Hunting', Sis Lin! In fact, I actually really like 'treasures' too, you know? Please advise me on how to pick the best ones once we get there, alright?"

Sis Lin seemed to be very pleased with my response as she smiled brightly and spoke,

"Surely. I would show you why they call me a prodigy at it!"

Her tone sounded strangely very confident, which even seemed to have some traces of arrogance laced within it. Since Sis Lin hadn't appeared to behave arrogantly ever before then, my excitement reached new heights as my mind began to imagine the scenes of Sis Lin and her mother going shopping together to find 'Treasures' together.

...

I was snapped out of my strange thoughts when a lot of car-honking sounds began to go around us. Looking around, I found out that we had long departed the highways of the Central area of the City and the car was now in the narrow streets of the sub-urban looking area.

Huh? D-Do lingerie stores open up even in places like this? We could actually find 'Treasures' here? Hmmm... maybe I have been unknowingly looking down upon the residents of this place. No matter what their living conditions or economic state might be, all of us are basically human beings... who all get urges to have their naughty needs to be fulfilled.

My curiosity soon replaced the earlier soaring excitement, as I began to try to find any signs of lingerie shops from my side of the window. No matter how hard I tried, there were only normal, averagely-sized private shops selling vegetables, convenience stores or small electronics shops.

Is the lingerie shop located at a secret location, away from the public eyes? Don't tell me that it's some hidden society, away from the access of the general public.

Now, wait a second. Sis Lin didn't seem to be a part of some shady group like that. Then... what exactly is going on here?!

As my inner confusion kept growing further and further, Sis Lin finally got the car through the crowded streets and parked it in a deserted corner.

"Alright. We are finally here. Haah... I really missed visiting these places a lot. Hmm? What's wrong, Little Carene? Ah, don't worry too much, alright? The car won't be towed away for parking like this. Even Mom used to park her scooter here back then. Just follow Big Sister Lindie closely, okay? And don't stay too far away from me. It's easy to get lost within these maze-like streets. This place is familiar to me, so we won't be having any troubles when we stay together."

Huh...? Sis Lin, the safety and security of the car is not the most troubling concern for me right now. What 'Treasure' are we going to find in a place like this? Please, just don't let my hopes be squashed after having been fanned so mightily until now!

...

Having no choice left, I got out of the car too and began to walk next to Sis Lin. And that was when a strange thought occurred to me.

If I really hold my thoughts for a moment, I and Sis Lin, walking next to each other, side by side, walking out of a car together...

D-Do we actually look like a couple to the onlookers?!

To confirm my ridiculous assumptions, I looked around the few bypassers and the few opened windows of the resident's houses. And... They were all really looking at us!!

Holy mother of God, these people... they really think that we are an actual lovey-dovey couple?!

What do I do now? What should I do? What can I do? What must I do?

Should I warn Sis Lin about the onlookers? I mean, what if there are some old acquaintances of hers here that recognize her and assume that the two of us... are on a date together?

What? Huh? We... are on a date right now? No, how could that be? You need to be an actual couple to be able to call your outings together a 'Date'. However... the onlookers don't know that, right?

And, they don't to either...

I... Haaaahhh... Sorry, Sis Lin for not informing you of my analysis earlier, but... let's keep this misunderstanding going, alright?

That's right! This hot and cute woman is my... Date right now.

God... no matter how I say it, I feel really embarrassed to say this, even within my own mind, since I know that is not the case at all. For Sis Lin, I am just a troublesome little kid who she used to babysit many years ago, and now... whose troubles she has to sort out.

Sorry for troubling you so much, Sis Lin.

As the sadness and guilt began to encroach my mind, Sis stopped in front of a small shop and entered it, after which she politely greeted the shop owner.

"Hello, Auntie! How have you been? It's been a while, hasn't it? Hmm? Do you remember me? It's me, Little Lin from the New Ray Apartments. Remember that I used to come here a lot alongside my Mother before?"

The old shopkeeper adjusted her round glasses many times as she tried to catch a better glimpse of Sis Lin's face. Unfortunately, her eyesight seemed to have gone bad, as she simply turned around towards the back of the store and went away from behind a large curtain.

That... was really awkward.

Is something wrong with that old woman? Even if you didn't recognize Sis Lin, at least treat your own customers right.

Seeing the obvious look of disappointment on Sis Lin's face, I quickly grabbed her slim hands and began to pull her away from the small shop.

...