𝐖𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐓

Your pov.

I look at the two men in front of me , yet the hand I was shaking felt weirdly familiar, his face that I tried to ignore , looked like someone I used to know. He fell to his knees once he said my name. He started crying and hugging my knees, his tears dripping down my leg. I look at my mother for any type of context, then I look at the boy with white hair. He held his heart and soon cupped his face "you're... alive" he said , his words jumbled up and he hugged me as well. His warmth was too easily to reconcile.

A name was brought to my lips, a name I finally remembered "Sanemi..." I said and broke down. "M-my brothers" I fell down to the ground, my knees weak and my eyes wet, starting to get drenched by my thoughts. My arms wrapped around them both as I hugged them harder then I ever held someone before. I looked at them once again seeing their old resemblance when they were younger.

"We found you" I remembered Sanemi's name but not the other, how embarrassing. I hold his chin back and look at his face, never have I ever felt this before. Felt completed. His name was on the tip of my tongue as I stared at his face, his tears streaming down and never stopping. He was crying and holding my hand that held his cheek "you're real... I knew you were real". He kept saying between his weak tone of voice.

I looked over at Sanemi who was in disbelief. His jaw fell and he touched my hair confused "I should've known that was you...." he covered his mouth and started shaking his head "I should've known..." but I interrupted his thoughts "I'm here Sanemi", the way my words rang through his ear and thoughts made everything disappear.

"You sound just like mom" he held me closer to his chest and I could hear his whimpers. My mother was surprised by this coincidence and she then pulled me away after awhile of talking to the both of them.

She was excited to see me too so she smiled and held my hand. She saw it in my eyes "Who is the boy you met ?". I smiled at her not surprised she knew that I was in love. She knew things about me that I wouldn't have to say. "I have something to actually tell you before I get into that".

I was able to get my brothers to leave the room and I sat down with my mother. The words escaping my lips and her eyes growing smaller, the words were a shot in her heart. She grabbed my head and pressed it up against her shoulder. "I'm sorry" she said in the brink of tears. She had never cried in front of me before and she wasn't going to let this be the first time. "Please stay here, I'll take care of you" she pleaded with me and I could see how much she needed this.

She held my hand near her heart "let me take care of my baby again", she said and I had agreed to live with her.

I didn't want to let my brothers know about this.
It's better when someone thinks everyone is okay, because once things start falling apart , you fall apart too.

The next day.

I was now able to work home since of the message I received from the doctor, and today I felt more sick. I started to gain a cough and my throat was dry. I brushed it off and decided to sit outside in the hot sun. I sat down with a piece of paper in hand , and the other, a pencil. I looked up at the same sky I had looked at before and it seemed to be different. It felt more special to me then before. I rocked in a chair all day till night. Though the sun burned my skin, I couldn't help but know I would miss this feeling.

I watched the sun go down as I kept writing and writing. The warmth soon turned into a cold breeze, it felt perfect to stop there, my fingers started to cramp and I watched the stars fill the night sky.

"Y/n come in !" my mother had said hoping I would hear her words, but I didn't feel like listening. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, breathing into my nose then out of my mouth, but something blocked the air way of my lips. I opened my eyes and saw Akaza smiling as ever.

"My love, I made these for you" he removed his hands off of my lips and handed me a beautiful flower crown. "I didn't stop thinking of you" he said in a needy tone and soon his lips mixed in with mine. I enjoyed this feeling but something burned inside of me for more once again. I feel like stopping but I can't. My tongue explored his, and my breath matched his.

"Y/n..!!" My mother yelled to me and I heard her fast footsteps walking towards the front door. I pushed Akaza back into the bushes and fixed my demeaner as quickly as I could. "I'm sorry. I got uh, lost in thought. I'll be inside soon".

Once she walked back inside I sighed and Akaza's head rose up from the brushes. "Are you hiding me ?" he said with a soft smile that followed with a laugh that made my heart jump.

"Hmm maybe..." I said to him and laid my hand on his chest. His breath slow and heavy as I watched his chest fall and his lips part as he breathed. It was as if he was still human. He knew I was thinking about this. He cleared his throat and held my hand, his cold skin collapsing on my warmth. "I would do anything to be human with you. To grow old and have human worries. I wish I could be yours, so I can take care of you. To have the same responsibilities humans have"

He paused yet i knew his words were too painful for him to bare "I wish to die with you, natural and freely like our love." I didn't know what to say, his words were sweet but it also didn't change that he is a demon, and I am a human. I started coughing and my chest started shooting sharp pains when I coughed. I fell onto his chest and soon the door opened, before I knew it I was taken away from his arms, and suddenly in my mothers.

"I'll make you some tea Y/n... please don't stay outside that long", the first thing I wondered was 'did she see Akaza ?' . My fist were tightly closed on her shirt while I remember how his lips felt on mine.

My mother made me fresh tea and said something with much importance.
"Thank you mom" I said sipping hot tea that felt as if it melted my throat .

"You know, I understand what it's like to love someone you aren't supposed to love y/n." Her words echo through my mind and I didn't say another word