14: Pass or Fail?

Start from the beginning

Kieran was going to wreck everything I'd worked for since coming to this school.

Not his fault. Not his fault that for some bizarre reason Mina was dismissed and Kieran was Chosen.

Not his fault if I fell in love with him.

Was he in love with me? Or was it the nature of the true Keystone Luna to make every available alpha crazy in love. That really could be it. His ice vest was supposed to tamp down his powers, but it was just some cloth and dry ice. Who could stop the Goddess' own gifts. Maybe it was wrong to try.

Who was he? This little omega. This little adorable puppy boy who I wanted to be with and who made me crazy when I saw him with Kai and Dylan. Or Will. Or anyone else that wasn't me.

I didn't even know him, except that he was messy, clumsy and a boy. A boy who cared enough to take care of me when I was hurt, a stranger. But I could smell, sense, that he was soft. Indecisive. Confused. Weak. He didn't have the spine of steel that Mina had, a trait that I admired so much about her. He was an omega. Not an alpha. Not a luna.

I didn't know him at all. Who he was, or anything about him. All we did was snipe a little at each other and then kiss like we were insane love struck teenagers in a very badly written story.

Why did I want to run all the way back to the garden and hold him and never let him go?

===

Will

Kieran sat at breakfast with his friends.

I watched him. I could go sit with them. This was dumb. Watching him afar. We could be friends. I could be friends with him. He was a good guy. A nice guy. Someone I totally could be friends with.

Kai leaned over and poured Kieran some orange juice, laughing. His huge white smile in his tan face, dimples. Rough salt water curled brown hair hanging over his face. Kieran looked up at him, eyes shining.

The growl reverberating in my chest scared the shit out of me.

I had to get out of here before I embarrassed myself.

As I pushed away from the table, grabbing my backpack, on the way to Convocation early, I stumbled a little past a table with Mina and James.

I heard it.

The same snarl. The same growl.

But I couldn't spare a glance for that dick. I had to leave.

I did unfortunately catch Mina's sardonic smile, mocking me, as I glanced back one more time at Kieran.

At my former roommate.

At....my...Kieran.

===

Kieran

"Oh, sorry!"

"Kieran?"

Shit. I looked over as I bent down to pick up my bundle of notes, list after list of alpha packs adorned with herb and flower sketches, a mess of pages across the hallway floor. Fallen to the wayside as I ran into someone, my head in the clouds. Worried about the test. Thinking about my mate. My sweet mate. Wondering when I could get back to my special room, and try to reach out again to them. To feel their love and care.

"Hi Remmy," I stood up, knowing my face must be bright pink, I could feel my cheeks actually heat up. Remembering the last time I'd seen him, after we'd... and I'd touched him ... and we both... Me for the first time. What that had been like. What he looked like. How his eyes glazed...