Part 4 Friends.

(Y/N) is currently laying on his bed, reading a book at his side of the room whereas Ajax is playing some games on his PC. Then, it occurred to him about what Enid told him.

"Hey AJ." Ajax, shocked by the sudden call, stopped his game turning towards him. Looking at him with confused eyes, then again, Ajax always seems half confused.

"You.....called me what?"

"Don't know, don't care. You're the only one in the room, who else am I talking to then, your mom?" An awkward silence followed.

"What kind of girl are you into?" That comes out of nowhere.

"I....don't know? I never thought about it. Never crossed my mind. Wait, why the sudden interest?" Ajax shifted his body facing his roommate.

"Just curious." (Y/N) returned his attention to the book in hands. But this time, Ajax takes the offense.

"What about you? Any girl on your mind after you came here?" That's unexpected on Ajax's part as he tried to prolong their conversation. Other than basic stuff to show him, this is the first time they actually talked to each other about non school related projects.

"There is one. Incredibly annoying. But not annoying enough for me to kill her." True that Enid is annoying in his eyes, but the weird kind of annoying. She approached him like a normal human being rather than just a murderer. People always said there's a rainbow around every corner. Enid could be the one in Nevermore.

"Is that, a good thing or a bad thing?" Ajax continues with the question.

"The annoying part or the killing part?" (Y/N) looked up from his book towards his roommate with his scary eyes.

"Umm....." Ajax becomes speechless.

"Huh." (Y/N) let out a big sigh. "I don't kill people just because they annoy me. Best thing I do is beat em up. Unless of course, if you push the matter too far, I suggest you stay within your circle." Ajax gulped.

"Okay..... Good, talk." The boys then return to their respective routine.

~~

"Well? What did he say?" Enid, currently and probably the only one who's more than willing to sit beside (Y/N) in class inquire about the issue after she somehow talked him into asking Ajax about his preference in the opposite sex.

"Nothing. He somehow turned the question against me instead." Students begin to fill the classroom as time goes by.

"Wait, you? You have been here for days and already got a target? You have to tell me (Y/N). Maybe we can help each other out." This conversation just got a whole lot weirder than it's supposed to.

"My target is, consistently annoying, cheerfully interrupting me, and casually approaching her demise." He turned towards her, locking eyes for a moment. The longer it gets, the more weirdly uncomfortable he feels.

"Not the kind of obsession I was thinking about but, a crush's a crush. Just give me the name and I'll help you find out her preference." (Y/N) thought for a moment, but then he gives up trying to riddle with her.

"I'm talking about you Enid. You're annoying me with your whole teenage rom-com stuff. I'm not who you think I am. Not an average kid, no normality for me. Bad things tend to happen around me. I'm someone with a freaking criminal record. You, on the other hand are optimistic, a good person." They both fell into silence afterwards. (Y/N) was hoping that he could get the message through her. But what Enid thinks is something else. 'He's talking about me? Since when did this happen?'

Apparently Enid has decided to stop approaching him after class much to his peace. Lunch by himself, sitting by himself during classes, the perfect solitude. For the first few days st least.