Chapter 6

Later that evening, the family gathered around the dinner table, as they did on many previous nights. Mr. and Mrs. Choi engaged in a conversation about the delightful taste of radishes, while three children sat quietly, savoring their meal.

I'm gonna study with Soobin ...just the two of us , Yeonjun thought as he scooped a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

"Yeonjun, I will make you another snack tonight," Mrs. Choi kindly offered.

"Thank you." Yeonjun expressed his gratitude with a slight bow. He had a fondness for the sandwiches Mrs. Choi prepared, and he couldn't resist the offer.

"Mom, could you make snacks for two? And bring them to Yeonjun's room, please?" Soobin's words flowed casually from his lips, as though mentioning Yeonjun was the most natural thing in the world.

The sudden request from Soobin left everyone in the room, including Yeonjun, wide-eyed with astonishment. Yet, for Yeonjun, the effect of hearing his name uttered by Soobin went beyond mere surprise; he felt his cheeks flush with a warmth that only Soobin could provoke.

"For two? Are you telling me that you are going to study?" Mrs. Choi inquired, her surprise evident as she set down her chopsticks. She hadn't expected Soobin to be awake after having dinner , let alone studying, let alone studying with Yeonjun.

Soobin nodded affirmatively as he casually picked up a piece of kimchi. "That's right," he replied matter-of-factly.

Soohyun, sitting nearby, seized the opportunity. "Are you going to help only Yeonjun hyung ? Not fair!" he chimed in, adding a touch of whining to his tone. "Can you help me with studying too?" His puppy-dog eyes pleaded for his assistance.

Soobin's expression remained unperturbed. "You're okay," he conceded. "Let's start studying " with that, he quickly finished the rest of his meal and, without looking back, proceeded upstairs. Yeonjun followed in his footsteps after a hurried farewell to Mrs. Choi, his heart racing with anticipation.

Yeonjun, having caught up to Soobin, found himself slightly puzzled as he watched Soobin hesitate at his bedroom door, not quite entering. It wasn't clear why Soobin hadn't simply walked in since the door was wide open. Yeonjun tilted his head in curiosity.

Finally, Soobin made a subtle gesture, inviting Yeonjun to enter first. Yeonjun, realizing the unspoken request, smiled and stepped into his own room, offering a polite, "Please come in."

Soobin followed him inside, casting his gaze around the room. It bore an aesthetic that was far from typical for a teenage boy's room, and this observation flitted through Soobin's mind.

He shifted his attention back to Yeonjun, asking, "And what should we start with? Which subject do you need to work on?" Soobin's hands casually slipped into the pockets of his trousers as he awaited Yeonjun's response.

Yeonjun contemplated for a moment before responding, "Math, maybe?"

Soobin nodded. "Okay, let's do it," he agreed, his gaze sweeping over the books strewn across Yeonjun's table.

As Yeonjun murmured "Math" while searching for his book, Soobin quickly located it before he did. Holding the book up to Yeonjun's face, Soobin then proceeded to take a seat in the chair.

"So, what areas are going to be on the test?" Soobin inquired while flipping through the first few pages of the math book.

"Areas? It's the same as yours," Yeonjun replied, tilting his head in puzzlement.

"I don't know mine," Soobin confessed with a sigh.

Yeonjun reached for his notebook and retrieved the information he had about the upcoming exam. "The areas are...up to page 40," he explained, using his finger to point to the relevant section in his notebook.