In shadows of silence, they used to dwell...

(I'm no longer naming the chapters after the Recollections, so, take note of that.)
(FINALLY GETTING THE ASEAN FOUNDERS IN AFTER SO MANY CHAPTERS!)

August 8, 1967, 

"Well, I'd say we've arrived." ASEAN says while turning to face the others.

"Are you sure that this is where we'll find him, Malaysia?" Indonesia asks.

"I'm sure, he showed me this place before." 

A group of five people, four children and a young adult, stand before a small, run-down looking house made from constructed with horizontal overlapping hardwood planks. The roof, made using attap leaves. 

Outside the house, tall banana trees stand alongside majestic durian trees, their branches heavy with the spiky fruit. Rambutan trees bear clusters of bright red fruits, while the jackfruit tree looms overhead, its trunk supporting the weight of enormous green fruits. The sweet scent of ripe mangoes lingers in the air, promising a treat.

The group of five Southeast Asians follow the path that led to the door of the kampong house. The stepping stones that made up the path were varying sizes and colours, but they were all smoothed over time. Moss and tiny wildflowers finding their home in the crevices between the stones. 

Stepping inside, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand and ASEAN himself find that the interior of the house consists of just a single room. A wooden table stands alone, bearing the marks of age and use. A solitary chair accompanies the table, hinting at past memories and flashbacks.

In the corner of the room, a faded hammock, its hues of red and white faded and yellowed, hangs off some posts made from fallen branches. But sitting on the hammock, was none other than the person that the group had been looking for. Singapore.