Chapter Twenty-Four | Keep the Peace

Elijah watches the wound on the neck of the witch that Klaus attacked. It wasn't vampire-healing, but it was healing quickly. The attack was barely eight hours prior, and the wound was almost gone.

"The binding spell is cast," Yara informs him. "And Klaus is lucky that he's an Original. He would be dead, otherwise."

"They have faster healing and toxic blood," Elijah notes. "These are not regular witches."

"No," Yara agrees. "They aren't."

Elijah crosses his arms, thinking.

"Elijah, your vampires have been harassing the witches. I doubt Klaus will do anything about it, but you are noble. Please, make them stop. Before someone gets hurt."

He looks at the witch, studying her.

"I'll see what can be done. Thank you for your help, Yara."

"We're counting on you, Elijah. Keep the peace between the vampires and witches."

Yara leaves, and Elijah goes to his brother upstairs in the living room.

He was still coughing up blood, his throat had deep gashes in it from scratching. But he managed to fall asleep, and the wounds finally had a chance to heal.

"What's wrong with him?" Malia stands at the door.

Elijah turns his head toward her, surprised.

"I came by to get some more of my things," Malia explained. "What's wrong with him?"

"He's sick," Elijah stands. "He will be fine."

Malia walked closer to the couch where Klaus lay, reaching out her hand to touch his face. He opened his eyes weakly, surprised to see her.

The moment doesn't last long when he turns to the side and coughs more blood, hands returning to his throat. Malia yelps as the skin tears, grabbing his hands. He's too strong and breaks free of her grip with ease.

"Stop, Klaus!" Malia tries again. "Stop it!"

"He will be fine, Malia. You should go, you don't have to watch this."

"How can you say that?" Malia holds Klaus's back as he coughs more blood. "I can't leave him like this."

"Very well," Elijah watches her carefully.

"What does he need?" She rubbed Klaus's back.

Elijah sighs.

"Blood, probably."

Malia looks up at him sharply.

"W-What?" She looks down, her cheeks flushing. "Oh, right."

Elijah studies her as she contemplates a bit. Then she moves her hair to the side and tilts her head.

"Here," Malia lifts Klaus towards her neck. "Please don't kill me."

"That won't be necessary, Malia," Elijah says.

He was surprised by how Malia doted over him after how he'd hurt her, even more so that she just offered her neck to him.

"We have some in the fridge."

Malia's cheeks are hot with embarrassment as she quickly scrambles to the kitchen. She gasps when she opens the fridge, a little freaked out by all of the blood.

She pulls one at random and goes back, offering it to Klaus. He drinks a little but immediately coughs it up. 

"It might be a few hours before he can keep it down," Elijah tells her. "I'll leave you. There's something I need to take care of."