Chapter 10

Raya and the group come up with a plan while they close in on Fang.... Little do they know that in Fang, Namaari and her mother, Chief Virana are doing the same... With more sinister plans....

---------------------------------------

Raya, Sisu, and the rest of the group stand on a beach, gazing intently at Fang's silhouette in the skyline.

TONG : "If she refuses to help, we've just flushed our tactical advantage into the dung pot"

RAYA : "I know"

BOUN : "Yeah, she has no reason to help us"

RAYA : "I know!"

SISU : "This jerky is terrible" She says, trying to eat a piece of Raya's jerky

RAYA : "I KNOW!"

TONG : "Are you sure those four miniature menaces will be successful?"

RAYA : "I .... don't know" SHe says with a sigh

----------------------

A Fang Guard keeps watch as from behind a wall, the eyes of Noi and the Ongis appear. They give each other a look. One Ongi ties up the Guard's legs as another silently climbs onto his shoulder and judo-chops him on the neck, dropping him.

They infiltrate the palace and shuffle down the dark hallways stealthily. Suddenly, Noi holds up her little fist! She sees a plate of food in the palace kitchen and signals to it. The Ongis quietly retrieve the food. They continue onward, shoving the food in their mouths along the way. 

Namaari sits at the edge of her bed, the dragon scroll open in her lap. Namaari hears Ongi chitters coming from outside. She turns to the window.

NAMAARI : "Huh?"

The Ongis throw her a small tied-up bundle and disappear. Namaari opens the bundle to find a note and... a dragon pendant.

------------------------

Boun's shrimp boat floats in a hidden alcove on the river, with Fang on the horizon. Raya sits on the edge of the boat, looking at the palace, deep in her thoughts. Sand sits down next to her.

SAND : "I believe Namaari will make the right choice.... I trust her, and I trust you too... Sisu thinks the same way.... Everything will work out fine, alright?"

She studies him for a moment

RAYA : "Thank you.... Your support is good to have..."

A thought crosses her mind, and she looks around to see if anyone is listening.

RAYA : "You know.... I wanted to ask.... is Sisu the one-

SAND : "I'm going to stop you right there... I know what you are about to ask and you probably already know the answer.... I won't deny it.... But, please.... Don't mention a word yet.... The time for that to be revealed is soon, but not now...."

RAYA : "I.... I understand.... But hey... Not a terrible choice, I guess... I can't say I have much experience at that forefront in life.... But I think you two will turn out great" She says with a smile

SAND : "Thank you, Raya.... I think everything will work out just fine..." He says with such confidence, that inspired Raya even more

He could hardly contain his smile as he thought of his love. His hands automatically reached for his book, filling him with eternal peace. Meanwhile, Boun and Tong were bickering over the simmering pot of soup for lunch. This caught Raya's attention and she got up to walk over to them.