Chapter 4

We start this chapter with Sand charging into the group of Druun without hesitation, to protect Sisu from harm. Sisu jumps in after him, not sure about what he could do against them, she just really doesn't want to lose her new best friend.... What happens next?...

————————————————————————

         🎶   No Way Out - Critical Role, Colm R. McGuinness  🎶

Sisu's eyes were sealed shut, and she held her breath. She wasn't sure what turning into a statue felt like, but she was sure it was uncomfortable. However, the longer she waited, nothing happened. Only Strange noises that sounded like clashing metal echoed in her ears. Cautiously she opened her eyes and took her paws off her head.

She was surrounded by a wavy, see-through blue wall. Doing a quick spin revealed it was a bubble. The sand underneath her paws confused her, and it also made her realize that she was in her dragon form.

SISU : "Sand!! I uh... Well, I can explain!! I promised Raya that-

Quickly she tried to turn back into people form, however, the only result was that she glowed a bit brighter in response. Desperately she looked to Sand's slightly blurry form on the other side of the bubble. Her worry skyrocketed, as she saw him fighting with several large things that looked dark and scary to her.

 Her worry skyrocketed, as she saw him fighting with several large things that looked dark and scary to her

(P.S This is the actual original concept art for the druun in Raya and that last dragon, and I thought it would be a great fit for the true form of the Druun in the shadow realm)

SAND : "Please don't try casting any magic. It's like a beckon to them!" His strong voice shouts to her from the other side of the bubble, sounding slightly muffled.

SISU : "Sand!!!... What is going on?!.... Where are we!?" She asks with great confusion

From what she could see outside her bubble sent a large shiver down her long spine.

SISU : "Sand!?" She asks in panic as she watches him slay whatever is attacking him. It fell to the ground, dissolving into dust.

He doesn't reply right away, busy fighting the last two creatures. She nervously waits for him to win, praying that he will be alright.

SAND : "I.... urgh..... You beautiful fool, you weren't supposed to follow me!!" He shouts to her mid-fight.

He was seemingly armed with many different weapons. She watched as he seemingly simultaneously fought off three of the dark figures.
He quickly slew all three with an incredible efficiency that surprised Sisu. She knew he could be intimidating, but she had no idea he was this good at fighting.

SISU : "How could I not?!... I didn't want to lose you!"

SAND : "And I'm pretty sure I said I was going to protect you!! I wasn't boasting... Now I have a lot more on my hands with you here!!" He said in a chastising voice