.Forty-Two.

AS NIKI GREETED Seulhyun's parents, he noticed her father, who was glaring at him fiercely. He found the man's gaze similar to Seulhyun's—the way their brows slights pull together and the shape of their eyes—like father like daughter.

"Good evening, sir, ma'am." Niki shook their hands properly. Seulhyun's mom was instantly fond of the cultivated man. For her, he was prestigious and charming- not to mention, handsome. However, it was clear her father's opinion contradicted with his lover.

To him, he was just another man honored with an eminent position because of his blood. Whether he was worthy of the title depends.

"I'm Prince Nishimura Riki from Enlypse. Pleasure to finally meet you." He bowed with an arm stretched to his heart.

Seulhyun's mom smiled. "No need to be formal with us, we are supposed to greet you formally." She shook her hands and Soulhyun agreed from behind her. Niki smiled as well and peered over to Seulhyun.

She has been silent for the entire conversation, and he saw how she was stood frozen with a growing frown on her face. Her family couldn't see it since she was facing him in front of them.

He slightly nudged her in the arm, bringing her back to reality as her eyes darted towards him then her family. She sucked in a deep breath, "Right, Niki is a great friend of mine who has kept me company all through out my stay in Enlypse." She told and Niki smiled proudly.

"This is my mom, Lee Saeri."—She pointed to her mom—"This is my dad, Kim Huwa."—she pointed to her dad—"And this is my brother, Soulhyun." She concluded the introduction as her hand pointed at her brother.

"It's been a while since I've been here, but I can't stay for long sadly." Seulhyun grimaced, bearing a smile she didn't mean. The breeze blew against their skin and just then Niki noticed how ragged Seulhyun's family were.

Of course, he heard about Seulhyun's family financial condition, but he didn't think someone who had devoted their entire life for their kingdom would be in such situation. In Enlypse, every vampire who works for the castle will be given a better place to stay with stable income, and they can visit their relatives whenever they are off duty. So, seeing this really surprised him. 

Her mom pressed her lips tightly, understanding her daughter as the forced situation strayed them apart again. "Come around soon. I'll cook your favorite." She said, rubbing Seulhyun's arm as she licked her lips as if holding herself back from crying. 

Seulhyun seemed to notice her mother's agony and hugged her tightly. "I'll come back soon." She promised, muffling into her mother's shoulders. 

The depressed atmosphere loomed over the small family as they bid farewells to each other. Seulhyun's dad caught eyes with Niki, and he walked closer to him. "I may not trust you yet, but I hope you'll treat my daughter well." He said, his voice sharp and low—almost threatening him. 

"Understood, sir."  
"However," Her father continued as his eyes followed his beloved daughter as she talked with her brother, "I have faith in my daughter's taste." His eyes diverted back to him, "So, if she thinks you're worthy of her then I will simply support her." 

Her father heaved a heavy sigh as he placed his hand on the side of Niki's arm. "Love is..difficult. In the beginning sparks will fly and everything entices you yet as you indulge yourself more towards that feeling, you will be faced by many obstacles."

"Although there are many factors that will help you go through those obstacles, the love you carry for each other will motivate you to push through it together as a team." 

His earnest words stuck in Niki's head. "I'll keep that in mind, sir." He said as he saw Seulhyun approaching them, signaling him to get on his horse. He faced her father again and bowed, "I hope we will meet again, sir." 

Then Niki climbed on Bisco, waiting for Seulhyun to get on her horse while his head replayed the words he had just heard. As his eyes laid on Seulhyun, his mind was set on something. He shouldn't deny any longer. It is clear as daylight just how much he adores and treasures her. 

He shouldn't wait any longer. 

"Are you ready?" He asked Seulhyun as he gripped the bridle. The response he got from Seulhyun was surprising as she merely nodded without even looking at him. He frowned, "Can you lead the way?" Eben though he knew the directions to the castle, he asked again to see her reaction. 

Without uttering a word, the girl began moving, leading the way just as he said. Did he do something wrong? Maybe he approached her parents incorrectly? But, seeing the reaction he had gotten from her family, he doesn't think so. 

"What have I done?" He whispered to himself before catching up to her.  

Meanwhile Seulhyun was having thousands of thoughts travelling in her mind per second. She couldn't focus properly with the thoughts of Niki, her family and her friends fogging up her mind. First, every time she shares eye contact with the prince, her heart starts floating in cloud nine, making it feel as if it's about to burst. Second, she missed her family dearly and wished she could spend more time with them however it contradicts with the third problem. She didn't want to stay in Ollyn because she didn't want to be separated from all of her friends. 

Everything boggled her and the most pestering one is about Niki! 

How the blood hell is she supposed to face him now? Is she supposed to close her eyes every time they talk or see each other? That would be ridiculous! 

She will be stuck with him for the next following days, and it scared her as well that it might just be the last few days she will have with him. Thus, she didn't want to spend their remaining time together by avoiding him, but how was she to keep herself composed whenever she meets him?! 

From behind her, Niki saw Seulhyun hitting the air relentlessly as though the air had done something grave towards her. 

Was she really sane?

Confession soooon 😉

Confession soooon 😉

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!
💕💕💕