.Eighteen.

A HEAVY SIGH emitted from the youngest prince's lip as everyone sat at the meeting table except for Sunoo and Seulhyun

A HEAVY SIGH emitted from the youngest prince's lip as everyone sat at the meeting table except for Sunoo and Seulhyun. The vacant seats of theirs thickened the room's atmosphere and Jungwon, who was whispering to his butler, nodded, dismissing the vampire.

"The both of them are still unconscious." Niki reported between gritted teeth. His knuckles turned white as Seulhyun's pale face flashed in his mind. Both Sunoo and Seulhyun are lying on their bed, faces pale, and breathing slow and shallow.

Which leads to the meeting being held right now. Haeyul took a deep inhale, hearing the news. "So, are we going to change our plans or what?" Jay inquired.

Their initial plan was to begin their journey to the Ryu Village in two days, but who knew Seulhyun and Sunoo would fall into a deep slumber right before that day. Jake, Jay and Sunoo were supposed to stay at the castle to supervise and organize the business while everyone was away. However by the looks of things, an improvisation is most efficient choice to do.

"In my opinion, we should let Sunoo and Ms. Kim to rest and let Jake replace Seulhyun." Jay suggested.

Jake looked at his twin with disapproval. "I think not. If we follow Jay's plan, there will only be him and Sunoo left in the castle. Heeseung won't be back until a while, and by that time, an attack or a visit might happen."

Jungwon nodded his head as he listened to Jake's plausible opinion. Meanwhile, Haeyul cleared her throat, catching everyone's attention.
"My opinion is rather different. I think we should wait for both Sunoo and Seulhyun to recover and proceed with the plan we have made." She spoke.

"But, we will have to postpone the trip if you do so." Sunghoon added to her statement. Haeyul nodded.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness." Jay faced Haeyul. The formality in his words didn't faze the girl. "But if we do that, we might not be able to meet King Aspian at the right time." He reasoned, "And gaining a tardy reputation is not exactly our goal."
"But-"

"Enough!" Jungwon silenced the room, having to hear enough. Prince Jay and Haeyul huffed in their seats. "I will-"

Jungwon wasn't able to finish his sentence because the door to the Great Hall swung opened and the knights pulled their swords up at once, targeting their weapons to the person. Unexpectedly, the castle's butler was seen dropping to his knees, surrendering himself with his hands above his head.

The panic melted away and Jungwon flicked his hands, ordering the guards to be at ease. The butler rushed up to his feet and announced, "The girl is awake!!" His voice blared in the hall.

Niki sprung up to his feet—the words repeating in head and Haeyul excused herself, rushing out the door, followed by two other princes. The rest of the princes stared at the open door, astounded while Jungwon shook his head.