Chapter 3: Hot Chocolate With Shadow

Amy

He, misses me? Why would he miss me? I soon realized that I was blushing, and my tail seemed to wag. I came back to my senses and said, "Uh, I..missed you too." You idiot. He released me from his tight hug and looked into my eyes. He smiled and stayed that way for a minute or two. "So.. I heard that you tried to... commit it." I said sheepishly. Why did I say that, god I am such a retard. He stood there in silence , his ears were lowered, and he was looking at the ground. He suddenly broke the silence and said, "Yeah..I guess I did. Didn't I." He frowned and lifted his wrists, faceing upward, revealing a shiny scar on either one of them. OMG, I guess that taxi driver was telling the truth after all! Tears started to form in my eyes. My throat felt caught from the tears. I managed to say through my tears, "W-Why Shad, j-just why?" He looked at me with gentle, crimson colored eyes and said, "None of that matters, what matters is that your here. Come on in, your probably freezing. Curse this darn weather! Here." He took my hand and tugged me inside. He then wrapped a thick, small blanket around me. I smiled and said, "Thanks Shad." He smiled back and said, "Anything for you Rose. You want some hot chocolate? It should make you feel better." I giggled and replied, "Sure, I would love some Shad." He chuckled and motioned me to come with him. He led me to a very small kitchen filled with what seemed to look like a million cabinets. I sat down at the little wooden table. He opened a cabinet only to reveal a crap-load of hot chocolate boxes and mini-marshmallows. He grabbed two packages and a tub of mini-marshmallows and set them on the table. He walked over to another cabinet and grabbed two mugs and also set them on the table. When he was finally done with the hot-chocolate filled mugs he asked, "How many?" I realized he was talking about the marshmallows. "Four please." He put four in and handed the cup to me. I stuck my face above the mug to let the steam warm my face. I got a huge whiff of chocolate. "Mmmm... it smells amazing." I said looking up at Shadow. He looked at me and smirked. I took a small sip of it. All I could taste was pure chocolate. Wow this stuff is amazing. I looked up to Shadow again smiling to show him how much I liked it. He took a sip of his and smiled to me.