Chapter 20: Archie the Peacock

Start from the beginning

"Lord Theo...Lord Arthur, You have been asked to meet Prince Leo at the entrance of the city while I take the princess back to the castle." He said hurriedly. 

"What? Why?" Theo asked startled.

"Scorpions have been spotted, all females, cubs, and males 2 stars and below are being asked to go to the castle, while any beast man 3 stars and above are to go to the entrance to prepare to fight." The man explained. 

Both Theo and Arthur seemed hesitant when Archie spoke up " I have 1 star so I will have to go to the castle as well. So please don't worry, Despite us just meeting today, I will make sure your mate and cubs are protected." 

Theo and Arthur looked at each other and then threatened "If anything happens to our mate or cubs. Your life will be ended."

"I could not live with myself if I let this kind of beautiful goddess get hurt while under my watch." He said. I felt a blush creep up on my face and couldn't help but look away from my mates who were staring.

The male guard shifted into his lion form so he could get me to the castle quickly. Arthur helped me up as Theo handed me my cubs. Archie shifted into this beautiful peacock and followed behind the Lion as we made our way to the castle.

Just in case something happened and the scorpions were able to get past those at the entrance. They had everyone go to the very top floor. As we sat and waited to hear some news I tried to strike up a conversation

"So do you have a mate?" I asked bluntly.

He chuckles and says " I do not...Are you trying to ask me to be yours?" He was absolutely flirting now which caused me to get flustered. 

"NNN...No, I mean, I meant..." I tried to talk but got more flustered.

Archie let out a hardy laugh and said "It's okay, I know you were just making conversation Besides even if you were, I wouldn't be able to accept unless you were willing to accept my two friends as mates as well." 

"Your two friends?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, we have been friends since we were small. Before we came of age, We all made a promise to only accept a female that would be willing to accept all three of us." He explained.

" I see and is that why you don't have a mate? You haven't found anyone to accept the three of you?" I asked.

Before he could answer We heard "Of course that's the reason. Why would any female want to accept three males especially if they're as weak or weaker than him." A blonde girl across from us said.

I could tell that upset Archie and I was upset by it as well. " I would accept them once I got to know them and I'm sure my mates would happily approve of them. I don't know about his two friends but Archie has shown great skill that makes him amazing and I haven't known him long. If you wish to focus on strong then so be it but don't speak for the rest of us." I said angrily.

The woman got angry at my words and asked. " Who do you think you are to speak to me like that?" 

"She is my precious cub's mate, Who are you to question her?" We heard and I looked over recognizing the voice. It was the Queen. 

"My...My queen, I'm sorry I had no Idea." The woman said shaking in fear.

"I suggest you learn from Stella because she is the perfect female." The queen said.

"I see you have met Archie, how do you like him?" She asked I felt as if she was planning something.

"I like him very much. He is going to help us with our home or more specifically he is going to find skilled beastmen to help out." I said looking over at Archie just to see him flustered this time. 'Good glad I'm not the only one.' I thought. 

"Good that means you will get to spend more time with him in the next couple of months." She said.

I was about to respond when I heard the door open and saw men coming in. It didn't take long for me to spot my three mates. Getting up I ran to them and jumped into the closes one's arms which was Leo's. My cubs followed making cute sounds at their father. 

 It was explained that there were only 15 Scorpians so once they were found they easily got rid of them.

After the night of the attack security was increased and my mates insisted that I stay in or near the castle until our home was done. I met up with Archie and the few beast men he hand-picked to help us. We met several times within the next couple of months to finalize details and make sure I liked what they made and if it was made to my specifics.  I was kind of sad once the house was finished because I enjoyed Archie's company but Archie ensured that it would not be our last time meeting.