Job

Lance started working at the bakery with hunk, he was happy to get out of the house, and working with his best friend.
"Lance, I need more flour."

"Got it."
They are currently making two dozen cookies, and brownies for a kids birthday party.
"Man, this is one lucky kid." Lance wanted to try the brownies, they smelled so good.
"You better not touch them." Hunk said without looking at him.

"I wasn't. But they smell good." He said defensively.

"Go have lunch if you're hungry. I'm almost done with the last batch."

"Okie dokie."
Lance went out to the side of the building, where they had a little patio and picnic table.
"Ah, the breeze feels nice." He settles down at the table and takes out a peanut butter sandwich from his lunch box; he also had chips, Oreos, and kapri-sun.
"Hey there." Lance looks up to see two guys walking over to him.
"Hi." He said softly.

"You want some company?"

"My friend is coming out soon."

"So we can't sit with you too?" One sits across from lance and the other stands next to him.
"Yeah, you too good for us?"

"I didn't say that, but I don't know you." Lance started to get nervous.

"We can be whoever you want." The man smiles but his eyes said something that scared lance.

"No thank you, I'm married."

"Even better, I love taking omegas from their bonds." The alpha leans over the table and reached for Lance's chin, he slaps his hand away and stands up.
"Leave me alone."

"You think you're strong enough to take us?"

"He doesn't have to, because I will." Lance looks to see Keith.

"Babe." He runs and hides behind his husband.

"You're his alpha?"

"I'm his husband, now fuck off before you're six feet under." He growls and the other alphas back away and run.

"What are you doing here?" Lance asked after a few silent moments.

"I wanted to surprise you, it's a good thing I showed up when I did."

"You always have good timing."
They sit down at the table and Lance continued his lunch, Keith sat quietly, watching him.
Soon hunk came out with cookies and his own lunch.
"Oh Keith's here. Want some cookies?"

"Thanks."

They enjoyed the peaceful silence as they ate, sun poking through the clouds every so often, calm breeze, it was a beautiful day.
When lunch was done, lance and hunk had to go back to work.
"I'll come back to pick you up." Keith kissed lance on the head.

"Okie dokie baby." He smiles and walks off but Keith had other plans.

"Come here." Keith pulls him in and smothers him with a long kiss.
Hunk makes a noise and they pull away quickly.
"We have work to do." Hunk says.

"Sorry buddy. I'll see you later babe." He kissed Keith one more time, on the cheek and ran away before he could do anything else.
"Don't work too hard." Keith called after him. He went home and laid around on the couch, boredom making him lazy.
After 20 minutes of nothing he got up to get some water.
Suddenly his phone rang, it was lance.
"Hey princess."

"K-Keith." His voice shook.

"What's wrong?"

"Please come back."

"I'm on my way." He raced out the door to his car, speeding the whole way.
When he got to the bakery, cops and EMS were there.
"Lance." He runs to him; sitting in the back of the ambulance. "What happened?"

"Those alphas came back, they broke the window and ruined almost all the donuts, and then." He went silent, fear riddled his body. Keith holds him tightly, thinking the worse.
"Excuse me." An officer walked up.

"Yes?"

"Are you his husband?"

"I am. Keith Kogane, sir."

"We first hand experienced what happened, two alpha males in their 20s, one was destroying the display case and the other was attacking your husband when we first walked in."

"Where is he now?"

"Both are on their way to the police station, you can come down as well and file the charges."

"Did he do anything to you?" He looks to lance, he only closed his eyes, "what all did you see?" Keith asked the cop.
"His shirt was ripped off, and the assailant was attempting to take off his pants, but we stopped him before he could."

"Thank god." He caressed Lance's cheek, "Princess, you're okay."

After filing all the paperwork at the police station, lance was finally in the safety of his home, loving and dotting husband by his side, and puppy that wasn't really a puppy anymore jumping to greet him.
"Cuddle with kosmo and I'll get you some food, you must be starving after all that shit."
Lance flops on the couch, kosmo curls up next to him, lance used him like a pillow and rubs his belly.

Keith came back with chicken nuggets and fries, with orange Fanta.
"Awe you look so cute."
Lance buried his face in fur to hide from him, looking even more cute.
Keith sets the tray of food down and takes his phone out, snapping a picture of lance and kosmo.
"I'm gonna get that framed." He smiles, "okay, here's your food."

Lance sits up and happily takes the tray, Keith stayed next to him and watched him eat.
"What?" Lance asked while having a fry in his mouth.
"Nothing, I'm glad you're eating well, and you finally spoke."

"What does that mean?"

"You went silent earlier, the cop had to explain things."

"Oh yeah. Um, I was still in shock." A tear escaped from his eye and then he was fully crying.
Keith holds him close and let's him cry, sobbing mumbles about donuts was all lance said. Keith pets his head and soothes him the best he can.
"You're safe now, I'm here, no one will hurt you."
Lance rubs his eyes on his shirt and lays down on Keith's lap.

After a few minutes he stopped crying, Keith was still petting his head.
"You wanna try eating?"
Lance nods his head and Keith feeds him a fry.
Once he ate all his food, Lance fell asleep.
Keith took him to bed, kosmo on his heels and joins them in bed.
"Good night princess."

Sorry for the angst, but it's for the plot.