This is Not a House!

Start from the beginning

But I had stated that that made me a little sad. I had grown to love being so near the village and its people. In my last life I was confined to a single hospital room, locked into my own slowly dyeing body, with minimal to no human contact. I remember stating that it was going to be lonely. Probably at the look on my face, the goblins and foxes scrapped their original plan and began designing something completely new.

"We will all be living under the same roof Lady Enna." Said a goblin I recognized quite well. Mink stepped forward from the crowd and reached out a hand for the reigns of both Lagdon's rohgek and that of Nord's. Two other goblins dressed in leather armor stepped forward and began collecting the other strange monster mounts. "And I am honored by that, and by being a trusted member of your personal guard as well." She added with a bow, both hands still griping the reigns.

Giving up and just accepting that, yes, this was an absurdly massive home, but it wasn't without reason, and it was made with my desires at its heart. I really was touched and happy, if more than a little over whelmed.

Lagdon and Draxly escorted me around the crowded monsters, introducing me to some I did not know, and explain what each ones job would be going forward. I greeted each one- surprisingly more comfortable with this formal act than I thought I would be after all my interactions at the Gurten and the royal palace there no doubt. once the introduction was done, they would hurry off to attend to their duties. I was not shocked to learn that a party was planned for tonight. Monsters seemed to take every opportunity to throw a party, especially if drinking was involved.

"This is Drazdon," Lagdon said as we stepped to ward a short hobgoblin. By short I meant a respectable five foot nine which was still taller than myself. But quite short for a hobgoblin all the same. He was clearly older than most the others here, not including Nord that is, and had silvery white hair, green tinged skin and a dark eye patch over one eye. "He is the man responsible for the stained glass you see."

My eyes widened appreciatively as they darted from the man to the stunning art work above me. "That's amazing!" Was all I could manage.

The goblin laughed, along with a few others who were still milling about. "I am pleased that they are to your liking My Lady. Though most are just a mix of panels I had at the ready."

"Drazdon has been diligently working on that left most window since we showed him the blue prints for this place." Stated Nord, clapping the shorter hobgoblin on the shoulder. "And from what I understand, you are working on the next one are you not?"

"Oh yes!" Smiled Drazdon, the grin making him almost look boyish. "I am working quite diligently on a depiction of your glorious arrival at Gurten and of the gift of evolution you bestowed upon out people!" 

"I bet those foolish traitors had wished they had stayed now." Growled Nord, making me shake my head in exasperation.

Just after Margund had defeated his father, but before he officially took the throne, many things needed working out, and reforms had to be made in the goblin kingdom. One of the hardest for the goblin's to take had been the confirmation that Aeros- who had favored the goblin's more than most the other monsters he ruled over- was truly gone and a new land god had risen to take his place. My existence had not gone over well with a select number of the goblin race. They refused to believe that Aeros was gone, claimed that I was simple a usurper to his title, and that Margund must be mind controlled by me and there fore a pretender to the throne.

It had looked as if war was going to break out. Margund had sent an envoy to the foxes with a message for me, telling me that they had quelled a kind of rebellion amongst the goblins and had detained the culprits. He was set to execute them for denying my rights as land god, and refusing to bend to either his will or my own.