Part 12- Okay but- that's like.....6,000 km away

Začít od začátku

"No but-"

"Exactly. We go there NOW. No exceptions. Screech, grab some hair clips, we might be able to unlock locked doors with those."

---------------------------

So we're outside of our dorm now. So this probably isn't my smartest move, because the floors are FREEZING, I'm going to freeze myself. But like I said, this is to save out home.

We tip toed quietly door to door. We were very careful to not get caught or make a noise. 

After what seemed like forever, we reached Door 50. I reached out my hand towards the polished golden knob and turned it.

It was locked.

"Darn it.." I reached my hand out to Screech, making it obvious I wanted a hair clip. As soon I felt the cold object placed on my palm, I grabbed it and used it on the door lock. 

I tried it the first time. No luck. I tried the second, and the third and no such luck either. 

"Ambush, hurry up. It's making an awful noise and it will wake everyone up." Dupe whispered.

"I'm trying, you airhead."

"You don't have enough strength, here, let me try." Dupe took over and turned and twisted it aggressively. After what seemed like forever, it worked.

"Finally!" I sighed.

----------------------------

"You remember where it was?" Eyes asked Halt. He nodded, and walked upstairs towards the door.

"Here, you try it this time." I gave the hair clip to Dupe.

"So I'm in charge now?" Dupe smiled.

"Of course not, you idiot. She just wants you to do it." Rush rolled his eyes, looking quite annoyed for such a small thing.

This time, it was much smoother and we opened up the door faster. The door creaked open. We stepped inside, and what was inside shocked me.

-------------------------------------------------

Inside was a dusty folder with what looked like documents inside. I put my hand to the paper, the dust immediately covering my fingertips.

"I'll open it." Rush said, which I was thankful for as I didn't want to lay my hands on that dusty folder.

And I was right, there were documents inside which did have our information. We all gasped before looking at our documents that were us.

"Well? Do we take them?" Eyes questioned.

"Maybe don't....." I uttered. Eyes wanted to ask why, but seemed to know the reason. The doppelgangers already have our information, and it won't make a difference hen we take them.

There was still a note beside the folder. It read:

Listed below are top 3 libraries containing books about how to stop doppelgangers. These are the libraries we must destroy so no one can stop us:

1. Grand Amber Library- Warsaw, Poland (950 books on how to stop doppelgangers)

2. Wonder Library- Vienna, Austria (301 books on how to stop doppelgangers)

3. Heirloom Library- Helsinki, Finland (132 books on how to stop doppelgangers)

So these were important locations for us because they contained important information on how to banish these doppelgangers.

"Wow- how did they know all this-" Screech seemed shock. 

"Well, we really need this information..and books.." I uttered.

"Wait you're saying we go to the-"

"Yes, we go to Grand Amber Library in Poland." I said.

"But GL won't let us....." Eyes began.

"Once we tell her, she probably will." Screech said, shrugging.

"I don't know about that...and anyway, isn't Poland like...6,000 km away from Maine?" Eyes asked.

Everyone turned to look at her, and she seemed embarrassed. "I know, I'm a bit of a nerd..." Eyes uttered shyly.

"But you're still MY nerd." I affectionately said.

"Aww⁓" Eyes smiled.

"Okay, that's enough you two, lets go back to our dorms and hopefully GL understands what we're doing." Halt said.