Part 5- Summoning Spirits

We're all dead.

Not really. What I meant is that we're all bored. We don't have to go work today, which is good. But no one knows what to do.

"I'm BOREEEEEEEED" Screech whined.

"We all are." Dupe added.

"Then we'll play truth or dare." Eyes said.

"I'm in, it's better than nothing." I agreed.

"Since it was my idea, I'm going first. Ambush, truth or dare?"

"Dare!" I replied. I'm not a scaredy-cat, I do crazy stuff all the time. 

"I dare you to play the ouija board at midnight!" Eyes lauhed.

"I'll do it if you all play with me." I said. I'm pretty brave, but the ouija board? Hell no am I doing it alone. "But do we even have one?"

"I know where it is. I'm pretty sure it's in the Rooms." Eyes said.

"And you know this how?" Halt asked curiously.

"A-60 told me. Anyways, Dupe, your turn."

"Okay. Eyes, truth or dare?"

----------------------------------------

The game went on for roughly 10 minutes, but we all got bored and decided to do different activities. Eyes and Halt went looking for the board, Dupe and Screech went for a walk, and Rush was in the dorm with me. 

Silence floated around the room, making it very awkward.

"So um.." Rush began. "Are you scared for the ouija board?"

"A little bit, but as long as we do it together, it should be okay." I said, pushing my bangs back.

"I guess. Hey, so who were you talki-"

But before he could finish his sentence, GL barged in yet again. 

"Dinner!" She reminded.

Me and Rush walked to the cafeteria together. We didn't really talk much about things, just about tonight, ouija board and stuff.

----------------------------------

We finally got a good dinner.

Chicken tenders, roasted vegetables and frozen yoghurt.

I walked up to to the counter, picked up my food and sat down at my table.

I was dreading the fact i might not play after all. But this was MY life, and they can't control it. Better to be safe than sorry. 

"Hey guys...."

"Hi A, we found the ouija board. We're going to my dorm at 11 pm." Eyes explained.

"Um..yes..so about that..I've decided to not go after all. I'm really sorry guys, but I'm just scared. What if the superstitions are true?" I felt horrible. I looked down at my green silk slippers, expecting to be hearing voices of disapproval and disappointment.

To my surprise, everyone seemed quite understanding.

"Wow, I've never seen you scared before." Screech smiled.

"It's fine if you don't want to show up. Everyone here is nervous. Summoning spirits is quite intense. But can you at least think about it, then text us your choice?" Rush asked.

I smiled slightly, feeling relieved. "Sure." I replied cautiously. I placed my tray down and sat down.

But I still had a decision. Should I go? Should I risk my life, my soul to satisfy the wants of my best friends? Or should I go with my instincts and just stay?

My thoughts raced. I still had to make a choice. But first, food.