fifteen . the girlfriend

Start from the beginning

"Oh, yeah.. yeah we can go! I can uh, still eat" He turns to me and leans against the counter.

"But, if we do go, could we walk to my place first? I need to see Teddy and feed her" I ask him, he licks his lips and nods, staring down at the floor.

"Mhm, we can. Your car is still at the office right?" He questions. "I-If you want.. I could look at it to see if there's something wrong?" He nervously glances at me.

"Yeah! I don't mind, do you wanna change before we go?" I look at his mismatched outfit, I'm glad he felt like he wouldn't be judged around me (or maybe he just didn't care about others judgment).

He looks down at his clothes and smiles at me before pushing himself away from the counter and walking past me. "Yeah, I should" He grins, walking out of the room.

"And where's the bathroom?" I quickly ask him before he dissappears into his room. He glances back at me and tilts his head to the left, telling me to follow him so I do. He shows me the door and I smile as I thank him.

Before I go into the bathroom, he stops me, placing a hand on my shoulder and leaning his head down to my ear. "You have the prettiest smile I've ever seen.." He hastily whispers before going to his room. He steps into his room and I go into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I slump against the door for a moment before pushing myself off and looking at myself in the mirror, my hands on top of the counter. He gave me such a strange feeling, just.. what he said. I take a deep breath, maybe it was a coincidence. Just a common compliment. And even if I was absolutely terrified right now and wanted to leave, I couldn't, he'd hear the lock on the bathroom door when it clicks open, and he'd hear my footsteps and the front door opening. It's also cold outside and I can't go out in these clothes. There's a knock on the door, I raise my shoulders, flinching slightly. I open the door and peak my head out, staring up at Wilbur who was staring right back down at me. "Yes?" I bluntly ask him, I then look down and see clothes in his hands.

"I-I just.. it's cold outside and your place is a long distance from here.. s-so, I thought maybe I could give you some warmer clothes" He rambles, extending the clothes towards me.

I grab them and stare for a moment, realizing they were women's clothes. I chuckle. "What? Did you buy these just for an occasion that you'd have a girl over?" I joke.

"No, their my ex's clothes"

My smile falls. "Oh-- uh, sorry" I apologize, I honestly never thought he'd have a girlfriend.

He shakes his head. "It's fine. I'm gonna go change now, I'll be ready in a few minutes" He turns around and walks back into his room, shutting the door behind him.

I exhale, shutting the bathroom door and locking it. I rest my head on the wooden door and close my eyes. Of course I had to bring that up. He's probably upset now.

 He's probably upset now