𝟬𝟭𝟭 when i look at you

CHAPTER ELEVEN:WHEN I LOOK AT YOU

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
WHEN I LOOK AT YOU

🌊❤️‍🔥

ALL THE TEENAGERS headed to the beach while the adults stayed up at the house. Evan could tell that there was some tension between Susannah and Adam so she was happy to be at the beach instead of in the house. They had set up chairs and pool toys around as they talked and laughed. Belly had brought the margaritas she had made with at least half a cup of tequila. Belly had filled up a cup for everyone besides Evan who denied one. Every time she had drank over the summer, she hadn't made good decisions and she wanted to have a good Fourth of July.

Evan sat on a towel in the sand with Val next to her. Val was sipping on a small cup of the margarita Belly had made. Belly had passed it around to everyone and filled up their cups, trying to get everyone drunk. Evan could tell that Belly was already getting tipsy. Evan didn't know if it was Belly's first time drinking but if it was, it seemed that she was going to get wasted and Evan had a bad feeling about it.

"Hey guys!" Jeremiah called out as he made his way down to the beach with none other than Cam. "Check out who I found!"

Belly's eyes lit up immediately but Evan thought most of that was the large amount of alcohol in her system, "Cam!"

Cam made their over to the group and sat down next to Belly on the inflatable unicorn. Conrad offered him a drink which he declined, "Oh, thank you, man, but I don't drink."

"Yes, that's right," Conrad nodded. He kept the cup for himself and took another sip. "More for me."

Jeremiah went around the group and said hello to everyone. Shayla and Steven were cuddling on a floatie while GiGi was sunbathing in a beach chair. Jeremiah took a seat beside Evan who was beside Val, "Hey, Ev."

Val, once again, hit Evan's arm as Jeremiah smiled at Evan and Evan smiled back at him, "Hey, Jere."

Jeremiah's eyes widened slightly and he smirked upon hearing Evan finally call him, Jere. She had never called him that before and she wasn't trying to. It had just slipped out but it felt right to say it. Before Jeremiah could say anything flirty in return, Nicole told Conrad, "It's not a race, Con."

Conrad was downing his cup almost as fast as Evan had downed the bottle at Nicole's party a week ago. Evan raised her eyebrows while Jeremiah nodded, "Yeah, save some for the rest of us, please."

"Okay, wait, wait, wait. But what if it is a race?" Belly asked. Evan took a breath, feeling like she was about to be left out since she wasn't drinking. "I mean, isn't that... isn't that the premise of, like, every drinking game?"