𝟬𝟬𝟱 small town saturday night

CHAPTER FIVE:SMALL TOWN SATURDAY NIGHT

CHAPTER FIVE:
SMALL TOWN SATURDAY NIGHT

🌊❤️‍🔥

AFTER A DAY of shopping and a boring deb tea, Evan wanted nothing more than to relax. Belly, on the other hand, had been asked on a date by the same boy she had met at the bonfire the night before. Belly had asked Evan if she would help her pick out an outfit for her date to the drive-in. As much as Evan just wanted to nap, Belly had been so kind to her so she agreed to help Belly. Belly was incredibly excited for her first date and had thrown clothes all over Susannah's bedroom as she searched for the perfect outfit.

Susannah was practically squealing as she watched Belly get ready. Laurel seemed happy but a little more cautious, which made sense since Belly was her only daughter. Evan was putting in her input every once in a while but picking out outfits and getting ready wasn't her favorite thing in the world. Belly had gotten help from Susannah and Laurel as well. The four women were all sitting around in Susannah's bedroom as Belly tried on different outfits, getting all of their opinions on each and every one of them. Evan liked all the outfits but she thought the only reason most of them looked good was because Belly pulled them off well. Half of the outfits would look horrible on Evan but perfect on Belly.

Belly finally put on some jeans shorts and a cropped button-up blue and yellow sunflower crochet tank top. Evan smiled as she looked at Belly who was putting on some lipgloss in the mirror. Evan thought Belly was so effortlessly beautiful. She had this sunshine aura about her that made her light up every room she entered. Evan was the exact opposite. Her aura was dark and stormy like midnight rain and she seemed to darken rooms most of the time lately.

"You look really cute," Susannah complimented Belly. "You are gonna have so much fun tonight."

Belly smiled sheepishly, "We're just going to see a movie."

"I can't believe crop tops are back. Remember how I thought I was such hot shit in that baby tee I wore freshman year?" Susannah reminisced to Laurel. The girls chuckled as Belly handed Susannah back her lipgloss. Susannah smiled at Belly. "Have fun tonight."

Belly took one last look at herself in the mirror, her smile large and bright. Belly looked at Evan and the two girls left the room. Evan headed downstairs with Belly as she knew Belly was nervous and wanted Evan to see her off. Belly smiled at Evan as they walked downstairs, "I'm so nervous."

Evan chuckled at Belly, remembering how nervous she was for her first date a couple of years ago, "It'll be fine, don't worry. It might be a little awkward but that's normal for a first date."

Belly nodded, "Okay. He's really cute, right?"

Evan snorted and shook her head softly. Cam was very cute but he definitely wasn't Evan's type, "Yes, Belly, he's cute."