𝟬𝟬𝟯 two seconds of nothingness

CHAPTER THREE:TWO SECONDS OF NOTHINGNESS

CHAPTER THREE:
TWO SECONDS OF NOTHINGNESS

🌊❤️‍🔥

    EVAN WAS DRUNK and high. She was incredibly crossfaded, which is exactly what she wanted. When she was really fucked up, she started to feel numb. The kind of numbness where your brain shuts off and all you feel is nothing. When she got really fucked up, she would forget about her mom, and all the pain she felt would dissipate. She craved those few moments of nothingness more than anything. It was why she had turned to drugs and alcohol after her mother passed. It was the only thing that eased the pain.

   The fire in front of Evan had started to get blurry as she stared at it. The conversations and the music had started to get muffled as Evan's brain quieted and her breathing slowed. She had had multiple drinks, enough to make her drunk and taken so many hits of some weed from a few different people that she was as high as a kite. She was offered some pills but she denied them as the last time she mixed all three, she felt like her heart was going to stop.

      "You alright?" Val asked from beside Evan.

      Evan's vision came back into focus as she focused her attention on Val. The girl looked slightly concerned as Evan was clearly very fucked up, "I'm great. I feel... nothing."

   Val furrowed her brows, "The only people who like that feeling are people who are trying to escape from something." Evan looked back at the fire, ignoring Val's comment. She was trying to escape pain, but she hated when people pointed it out.  The nothingness she was feeling was the feeling she loved more than anything. It was pure euphoria to her. It felt so good that Evan almost didn't notice the commotion on the other end of the beach.

   Evan turned around to see Conrad fighting with another boy over what looked to be something really stupid. Evan got up and started to walk over to the fight. Conrad seemed to be very drunk and seemed to be arguing over a beer. Evan watched as Belly ran over and placed a hand on the other boy's shoulder to try to stop the fight. The boy, however, moved his shoulder back, pushing his elbow out, hitting Belly in the face. Evan gasped as Belly fell to the ground and she quickly rushed over to her as the boy threw a punch at Conrad.

   "Shit!" Evan cursed as the fight broke out between the two boys. Evan placed a hand on Belly's shoulder. "Are you okay?"

   "Are you okay, Belly?" A boy that Evan didn't know asked her asked as he kneeled down beside Evan.

   Belly groaned in pain as she placed a hand over her face. Evan helped her up along with the other boy. Evan looked over at the fight, rolling her eyes as Conrad and the boy continued to fight, throwing several punches at each other. Jeremiah ran over to try to break it up just as a cop car pulled up, the flashing lights and sirens interrupting everything.