𝟬𝟭𝟬 red white & blue

CHAPTER TEN:RED WHITE & BLUE

CHAPTER TEN:
RED WHITE & BLUE

🌊❤️‍🔥

   EVAN COULD SAFELY say that she was happy. It had been a couple of weeks since Belly's birthday and Evan was, for the most part, happy. She couldn't remember the last time she could say that she was truly happy and most of it was because of Jeremiah Fisher. He had helped her immensely in coping with the death of her mother and her own grieving.

   Evan was also even happier now because it was the Fourth of July. The Fourth of July was one of Evan's favorite holidays. She loved the buildup during the day with family and cookouts and then adored the magic of the fireworks at night. Her favorite part of the day was the fireworks in the evening. Evan had spent every Fourth of July with the Fishers as Susannah and Martha shared a favorite holiday. Evan hadn't had a good Fourth of July in two years and she was determined to have a good one. Jeremiah was also determined to make sure Evan had a good Fourth of July. Then again, Jeremiah was determined to make sure Evan had a great summer in general.

   That morning, Evan woke up early. She put on some jeans shorts that had an American flag design on the front and a white tube top. When Evan came down to the kitchen that morning, there was Susannah's signature American flag cake. Evan smiled the moment she saw it. It was one of her favorite parts of the day.

   Jeremiah had made Evan breakfast but only Evan. Steven had attempted to convince Jeremiah to make him breakfast but Jeremiah denied it. Evan happily took the eggs and bacon while Steven argued with Jeremiah about it, "Dude, why does she get breakfast?"

   Jeremiah didn't respond as he stole Belly's cereal bowl and drank the rest of the milk. Evan giggled at Steven's protest as she continued to eat her food. Steven rushed over and stole a piece of bacon and Evan glared at him, "Hey!"

   "Steven!" Jeremiah scolded.

   Conrad walked into the kitchen, "Yo, I'm gonna go wash the clams. Did you get the lighter fluid?"

   Jeremiah nodded, "Yeah, it's already on the beach."

   Steven walked up to Susannah who had walked into the kitchen. Susannah had been painting portraits of the kids, minus Evan, and she had been working on Steven's recently, "Are we done with the portrait yet?"

   "Almost," Susannah chuckled as Steven groaned. "But you do look good in a dress shirt, Steven." Susannah then turned around to Belly. "That reminds me, if Belly doesn't hurry up and ask Cam to that ball, you should take her."

   Belly cringed, "Ew, no way."

   "No, no, no," Steven shook his head. "I'm already going with Shayla."