Back to Reality

Jack and Sophie had spent the last seven days under the Spanish skies, more specifically at one of Pep Guardiola's properties... a stunning spacious home carefully hidden in the hills of Barcelona.

Jack's star had risen during his first year at City and privacy was fast becoming an issue. So when Pep overheard his number 10 asking for recommendations, the boss insisted that they stay in his former, now holiday home.

He explained it had been stood empty for just under a year thanks to the Guardiola family vacating to a new property and it needed some life injecting back in it.

The days blended together thanks to the toxic yet blissful combination of heat and sangria, and before they knew it, it was their last hillside sunset.

They stood together out on the balcony, Jack behind Sophie, arms wrapped snuggly around her waist as they watched on. The settling evening sun slowly coated everything in sight in the most gorgeous orange glow.

"I meant it y'know"

Sophie felt his words jolt through her, making her heart temporarily flip.

It was the first time that either of them had acknowledged what Jack had said that night following the parade celebrations.

She'd never responded to him in the photo booth thanks to John Stones and Kyle Walker bursting through the curtains, demanding use of the space. So when they finally made it back to the apartment that night, she climbed into bed next to Jack who had stripped down to his underwear and fallen asleep on top of the duvet. She went over that moment over and over again, allowing his words to roll over in her mind as the culprit snored softy next to her.

The day after, it became apparent that Jack couldn't remember a single thing that came out of his damn mouth from the night before, so she ended up letting it go. Letting go of the built up hangover anxiety and allowing herself to be worry free.

"I know it's not what y'want, not yet anyways", he continued.

She spun herself around on the spot so she was now facing him, close enough to see the brown speckles dusting over the bridge of his nose, before spreading out to the rest of his face.

"Jack, it's not-"

He stopped her protests by pressing his index finger firmly onto her lips. Here he was, all doe-eyes and floppy hair, wanting to pin her down and give her his name. Yet she wouldn't let him.
What the hell was wrong with her?

"Shh", he soothed, tucking a stray wave of hair behind her ear. "Listen bab, that dick'ed was enough to put ya off for life... an I know... I know that I had my own part to play..."

The way his words caught in his breath as he acknowledged his past mistakes told Sophie everything she needed to know.

"I guess I'll jus' have to spend the foreseeable showing ya how special you are...", he backed her against the cool glass of balcony and wrapped his arms around her, scooping her against his body.

"... and how loved you are", he muttered, just at her earlobe.

"How worthy you are", he continued along her jaw until their lips were opposite each other.

"How fit you are", Sophie rolled her eyes, he gave a low chuckle and gestured to the space surrounding them. "Especially here. When ya all glowy from the sun an' that"

He always had such a wonderful way with words.
____________________________

Jack

Sophie relaxed and unhooked her legs from around his taut waist, allowing him to settle back down on the bed next to her.