MISSION x ABORTED

Start from the beginning

I turned and ran down the next alley, until I realised I had reached a dead end. Fuck me. 

And to make matters worse, Axel and Zyan caught up faster than I expected. Sideways.

I didn't even have the chance to panic before Axel lunged at me with hunting knives in both hands. I barely had time to dodge the attack. Meanwhile, Zyan stood back and watched with an amused smile. "Darling, you know you can't hide from us."

Even if I somehow made it past one twin, I would still have to get through the other. And behind him, armed Mafia soldiers had formed a barricade. But what choice did I have?

I continued to evade Axel's strikes, while looking for openings to counterattack. "Quit running away like a mouse," he taunted.

"If I'm a mouse, does that make you a rat?" Hopefully that would make him angry enough to become careless. He had always hated it when I used to talk back. 

Eventually, he gave me the opening I was waiting for. I took a chance and slashed my knife across his lower back. He hissed in pain but managed to spin around and land a kick on my chest. I retreated backwards, slightly winded, but feeling triumphant.

"You sneaky, little shit..." Axel seethed, his green, snake-like eyes narrowing in hatred. 

Yes, I had always been a little shit. But he wasn't much better. This time, I pounced at him first, determined to deal more damage. It gave me satisfaction knowing that I had managed to draw first blood. However, my satisfaction was short-lived. 

I cried out in shock as I felt a sharp pain in my left arm. "Don't forget about me, Sweetheart." I glared up to see Zyan with his hunting rifle scoped in on me.  

If I had to choose which twin I hated more, it had to Zyan. At least Axel was blatant about his hostility towards me, but his brother hid behind pretty words and sickly sweet smiles while plotting my demise. 

That snake. I must've been stupid to believe that he would give me a fair fight. His bullets were poisoned and I could already feel it beginning to take effect. My hand trembled slightly as I gripped my dagger. 

As I took a step forward, I felt my leg give away as another bullet embedded itself into my thigh. The sheer impact forced me to my knees. Taking the opportunity, Axel lunged towards me, driving his knife into my side. I choked out a cry of pain and doubled over involuntarily.

He caught me as I slumped forward. "You're lucky our orders were to capture you alive. Or perhaps you are unlucky. I guess that would depend on my mood."

I struggled to breathe with the knife still buried in me. He had managed to avoid my vital organs while dealing as much damage as possible. My vision had begun to blur at the edges, either from the poison or blood loss. 

I could barely make out Zyan's figure as he approached. "What a shame, Sweetheart. You could've just come with us nicely."

Like you had given me that option. But I didn't get the chance to reply before Zyan hit me in the head with the butt of his rifle. I instantly lost consciousness.

Hisoka ~

I decided to switch the listening device back on when I saw that Kira's location had changed. I had looked away for no more than twenty minutes and she was now in an abandoned warehouse.

Unable to hear anything at first, I turned up the volume. Then I heard someone cry out. It was Kira's voice. What was happening to her? Was she still fighting or had she lost the fight?

In the background, I could hear two other voices, both male. And it sounded like they were laughing. The thought alone made me feel a surge of anger but I quickly calmed myself before I could make any rash decisions.