"Detective." The EMT calls out as she prepares some med to inject into her. "We really need you to take a breath right about now. This is not funny anymore."

"Please." Haseena whispers as she doesn't let go of her hand; not even one second. She needs Karishma to know that she is here and she needs Karishma to know that coming back to her will be the best possible decision she can possibly make.

"I'm starting chest compression." The EMT announces for the driver and Haseena to hear. She looks at Haseena to silently ask her to move a bit away.

Haseena complies without any fuss as her breath starts to rush faster and faster. The scene before her eyes and the scenes hanging on her mind keep circling around with no exits in her brain. She keeps touching the red bruise that starts to form on her wrist to remind herself of this cruel reality. The pain that should be felt is not there. All she can feel right now is the big void in her chest that weakens her. Her eyes are on the rhythm of the chest compression that is occurring by her. Karishma doesn't seem to respond to anything or anyone. For a second, Haseena's heart drops when the realization hits her. This could be it. This could be that moment where she has to learn the requiem. "Will she be alright?"

The EMT breaks into a tiny smile although her eyes don't move away from Karishma. She is counting and following every step that should be done to bring Karishma back to life. "She has gotten worse and she survived."

Once they arrive at the hospital, Haseena is taken into a treatment room while Karishma and Brian have taken a different turn to the traumas. She is kicking and screaming just to be by Karishma's side but after a few repetitions and persistence, her head gets too light as if it will fly and that forces her to sit down. A nurse who is taking care of her ensures that she will keep her posted on Karishma's condition and a resident who will examine her ensures that he will make everything as fast as he possibly can. That's right about when Haseena takes a notice of how cops start to flood the ED. There are already a few in front of the treatment room where she is. A bunch more are making their ways to other destinations. Words fly fast; way too fast but her mind is too foggy to find the reason why.

"Haseena!" Aanya manages to break through the two cops in front to get into the room while James is stuck by the block. He tries to explain but they won't let him past. They didn't want to let Aanya pass through either but she was smaller and stronger. Aanya turns to observe James' situation but with a nod from James, she proceeds to reach Haseena. Her face is flooded with concerns and worries that cannot be described into proper words. She quickly throws her arms around Haseena although the doctor is trying to examine her. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." Haseena answers indifferently as her wrists are still in the doctor's hands. The bruises get darken every minutes although the cuffs were not tightened that tight. She looks at James who stands as tall as the cops but isn't able to do anything. "James, can you go and check on Detective Singh?"

"Sure." James responds.

Aanya shifts her attention to the doctor who is about to stand up from the stool. He has examined everything his eyes can see and so far, he is not worried. "Is she alright?"

"There are just a few scratches and bruises but I'll run some labs just to make sure." The doctor explains but his explanation can't make it through to Haseena. Physically, she is there but mentally, she is somewhere else entirely. "A nurse will come in and take care of that."

"Thank you." Aanya says quietly as Haseena nods to show her appreciation.

As soon as the doctor leaves the room, Haseena sighs and covers her face. Then, she starts to sob. Her mind keeps replaying the moment Karishma got shot, the moment she shot Brian and the moment Karishma's heart monitor went too weak to beep a sound. It was a day that feels like forever. It was a day that she wishes it was just a crazy nightmare.