New friend!

Last time: I pulled down my hood

Present: I know, I'm supposed to keep my cover, but I changed my appearance so I couldn't be recognized. (See? Nothing unexpected) I know have light brown hair, with the same tips, I can't seem to change those. I now have warm, but intimidating brown eyes. "See, you guys don't even know who I am." It is quite funny to see all the campers who knew me seemed really disappointed that it wasn't my normal face. "My name is Persia." "Last name?" One shouted. "I don't use it," was all I said. All the campers dispersed, and I saw her and Brody. "Hey!" Brody yelled. I looked at him with an innocent look, "Yes?" "I want a rematch." "Why would I do that? I beat you fair and square. If anything the odds were in your favor."

"What if we compete for something?" "This is seeming more interesting, what for?" "Annabeth." To say she looked shocked was an understatement. She was furious. I pretended to look her over, as if I was thinking about the deal. "No, why would I want a cheating backstabber? She obviously wants you, anyway." I might have went over the edge, but hey I can beat them in a second. "Yeah, I wouldn't go with you anyway," she spat back, harsh. "The only feeling that is mutual. But, I guess I duel you for free. Don't want anything you could offer anyway. When?" It was his turn to look offended. "Whenever the councilors are announced, and after I win." "So, never. People can't exactly vote for you. They wouldn't anyway."

"What do you mean 'can't vote for me?'" "Well, when we came up with the idea, it was made a rule that you guys can't be voted for," I explained. "Why can't they?" She asked. "No one liked the way you guys were ruling. No one was going to do it anyway, so we made it a rule." "For your information, people loved the way we were running this camp," she retorted. "Not from the way Nico talked about it, and I bet those Aphrodite campers didn't enjoy it. Did you even notice that some of them died on the climbing wall? I bet you don't even care!" After that little outburst, I stomped off.

I started to walk to the arena, but got stopped by Leo and Nico. "Really? You couldn't just tell them?" Leo asked. "I can't face them as myself yet." "Why not?" "It will hurt to much," as I said that I broke into a run, leaving them behind. When I got to the arena, someone was already hacking away at some dummies. She finished the last one as I walked in, so I started to do a slow clap. Clarisse whirled around, and would have cut my head clean off if I hadn't moved.

 "You've gotten sloppy, La Rue." "I have a lot on my mind." "Like what?" I asked as we walked to the stands. "The new councilor thing, and Chris seems to be drifting away." "Does anyone miss Percy?" I asked, deciding to get some information out of her. "Some of us. I mean, the seven seem to be getting along fine without him, but all of us old councilors miss him. He really did bring all of us together. If anyone asks, I never said that. Why am I telling you this?" That made me inwardly grin."Because I asked, and you trust me?" I guess. Wait, you said I was getting sloppy. How do you know what I was like before?"

"Want to spar? If you haven't figured out at the end, I'll tell you." "Deal." We walked to the middle of the arena. I took out my twin swords, and her her spear and shield. "No maiming or killing?" "Yup." Then we got into our fighting stances, and started circling each other. I got tired of it, and went in for the first strike. I went for a simple one towards her side, and she easily blocked. "Not to good yourself," she said before going for my legs. "If you had any experience fighting a person with similar weapons to me, you would know they are mostly for defense," (I don't really know) I said while blocking and running the swords on the top and bottom of her spear, leaving a line of the newly cut wood.

When I got to her hand, I cut Maimer a little bit shorter, and kicked away the spear. I left her with a stump of wood and her shield. "Good move," she complimented. "Thanks, didn't want to break it for a second time." I used her moment of confusion against her. I kicked her shield, knocking her on the ground, and I had my swords at her throat. "Figure it out?" "Prissy?" "Swear not to tell?" "I swear. Why did you come back? Oh, and you heard my little rant. If you tell anyone, you're dead." "Missed you too. As to the question, I kind of joined the hunters, and Zeus made us come here." She burst out laughing. "You joined the hunters??! Does that mean you had to swear off girls?" "Not exactly. Just have to protect them with my life. With that Chris thing, I don't think he would ever leave you." "I won't ever admit this to anyone that I said this, but thanks, Percy. I'm glad that we're friends."

"Me too." Then a scream just had to ruin the somewhat heartfelt moment. It startled me into a cheetah. I understand Frank a little more now. But, I could recognize that scream anywhere: Valerie. I used my cheetah speed to quickly make it to the area between the cabins. I saw a group of five male campers around three of the young hunters. As soon as I saw what was happening, I was in front of the girls, in lion form, and gave a roar. (Some grossish stuff that isn't moral is coming up, so feel free to skip) I morphed back into Persia, and saw that they all had their junk hanging out of their pants. The girls just hugged me, and stuck their tongues out at the boys, who had now zipped up their pants, and were walking away.

"Oh no you don't," I yelled as they turned back around. "What cabin?" I asked. "5," one of them responded while walking up to me. He was a good three inches above me, "What are you going to do?" One of them continued. "Just this." Then I made all the water that is in the area that was just exposed try to come towards me, creating boners. "Now walk to your cabin," I commanded, "You wanted them out, so now they are showing." "Dude, you're perverted," another said, as they all started sprinting to their cabin. I froze the water in their blood just enough so that all they could do was walk really slowly. This has been a fun day. Wait until I tell one of my now best friends, Clarisse.

A/N It partly grossed me out to write that, and partly made me laugh out loud. Sorry if that made you uncomfortable, but I wanted to show how mean some of the campers could be, and that things just got personal. Thanks!

-Greta Kitto, daughter of Hades, soul reader. P.                    Word Count: 1237