Distrust with some trust

"Persia," she answered after thinking for a while,then continued, "that way you can still go by Percy, so things don't get to confusing for you." "So, can you make it go back to the part where she asks me my name then?" "Gladly." "Wait, before you do, thank you for all you have done for me." She just gave me a curt nod and unfroze time. "What is your name?" "Persia, but I go by Percy," I told her. She seemed so shocked then muttered, "You're to much like him." I ignored that comment because I was, in fact, him. Phoebe (she didn't die, okay?) asked, "Why did you bring her here, M'lady?" "Zeus said we each needed to give 'her' something, so I made her Protector of the Hunt," she explained while putting emphasis on her.

"What makes her so special?" One of them shouted. I took that as my cue to show off my mad skills. In one second I had her pinned up against a tree with Great and Demise in an x on her throat. She had the guts to say, "Any of us could do that!" That put me over the edge. I turned into a wolf and gave a low growl. When I transformed back I asked in an overly peppy voice, "Any more questions?" They all shook their heads. "Good!" I said in the same voice.

That night I could not sleep one bit. I decided to hang out by the fire because that seems to calm me down. It doesn't do it as much as water, but it's better then nothing at all. I saw that everyone was asleep so I decided to turn back into a wolf because of my hightened senses. I lied down next to the fire and I was instantly calmer. I fell asleep almost instantly. I woke up when I heard a gasp. I noticed I was in my boy Percy form, it must not work when I'm asleep, great. I quickly turned back into girl Percy and saw the person who gasped. It was a girl, about seven years old. I got up and walked over to her. I asked, "What exactly did you just see?" "Y-you were a boy," she stuttered. "That's what I thought," I mumbled. In a soothing voice I asked, "Can you keep a secret?" She nodded her head.

"Well, that's I'm going to need you to do, got it?" Once again, she nodded. "What's your name, sweetie?" I asked, in the same tone. "I'm Valerie. Who are you, really?" I smiled and asked, "Have you ever heard of a hero named Percy Jackson?" Her eyes widened. "Well, I'm him, but now it's just Percy. No last name." She nodded and gave me a hug. "Any reason you came out here?" I asked. "A nightmare," was her only response. "I get those a lot. You want to know the secret to get over them?" "Yes please," she basically whispered. "Well, before I tell you, I need to know something, kay?" "Kay, what?" "Do you trust me? Do you know if the others trust me?" "I do, not so much the others," replied as she snuggled close to me.

"Alright, now to those nightmares. The trick is to think of all the people who you know love you. You have Lady Artemis, Thalia, Phoebe," "you," she butted in. "Yes, you have me. So now, when ever you have nightmares, just think of all the huntresses and they'll all go away," I summed up with a smile. "Thank you, Percy," Valerie said as she gave me a hug, "But can I sleep out here with you, just in case?" "Of course you can, but I need you to do me a favor. I need you to, when you hear the others coming out here, wake me up so they don't find out about the real me. Can you do that?" "Yes, but why don't you want them to know? I know." "Artemis thinks I need their respect before I throw it out the window by saying I'm a boy. You knowing, that's our little secret, understand?"

"Why don't you just, like make me forget, so you won't have to worry about me telling?" I thought for a second, then answered, "Because if I can't trust my buddy with a secret, who can I trust?" She smiled as I said buddy, and I poked her stomach, making her laugh even more. "Plus I can't do that. Now, we need to get some sleep for tomorrow." "What if I get cold?" She gave me those big innocent eyes. "Then you can just snuggle closer to me." "Good night, big buddy. "Good night, little buddy," I said with a smile as we layed down by the fire and fell asleep hugging my new friend.

I woke up to Valerie shaking me. I quickly changed into my girl form as I got up. Just as we stood up, one of the senior hunters walked out of her tent. "Valerie, where were you? We got worried." "Sorry, I got scarred so Percy comforted me." "Persia, next time you steal one of my friends, you will pay," she threatened. I gave a mock solute and said, "That is noted, mam!" With that we both started laughing out loud while the other hunter just looked really angry. "Newbie, you make breakfast," she commanded, probably not expecting me to be happy about it. "It would be my pleasure. Valerie, would you like to help?" I asked, holding my hand out, being all proper and stuff. Yes, I know how to do that. "I'd love to," then we walked away, holding hands, and leaving behind a stunned hunter.

We went off into the forest where we should start hunting. "Okay, we normally go this way to get food," she informed me, pointing north. "So, we'll go this way," I said while pointing east. Valerie was being all quiet, but I wan't caring if I scared off food. She seemed to get fed up with me and whisper yelled, "What are you doing? We are trying to hunt, not scare everything away!" I used my normal voice and said, "You might be hunting, but I'm taking a leasurly walk down to the river with my best friend." She looked stunned. "Why are you not hunting? How are we going to get food?" "Like this," I said as I conjured up a banana and started to eat it. "We're just passing time away, so they think we're hunting. Now come on, I want to show you something." 

Future me here. I'm going through and revising this story. Anyone notice and get annoyed at thow many times I said stuff? I sure did.                        Word Count: 1129