Neeks! AKA Death Breath

As we slept I could feel a presence approach. It didn't feel like any of the hunters. I slowly got up as I made my swords appear on my back. I faced the area, and was surprised when I saw a wolf. I could hear it talk in my head. 'I was sent to collect all the werewolves. Come with me.' It had a very husky voice. Ha, husky and he's a wolf. Wait, I'm a werewolf. 'I'm a werewolf?' I asked through our mind thing. 'Yes, didn't you notice how much your hearing, smell, and sight improved?' I guess I never thought about that. I nodded and turned into a wolf. I looked at myself in a puddle that was on the ground. My fur was the same as my hair. My eyes also stayed the same, but with a more animalistic look. On my right shoulder were the symbols, showing my blessings. Then the other wolf ran away, and I followed.

We ran through the forest for what felt like forever. It was probably only half an hour, but with everything that happened, I still have ADHD. When we finally got there, I saw a gathering of around fifty wolves. They were gathered around Lycan. I snarled at the sight of him, and that didn't go unnoticed. The wolves in the area around me just started glaring, but quickly turned their attention back the their lord. I slowly backed away from the group, and when I got to the back far enough, I teleported back to the hunters' camp.

I got there before anyone noticed I was gone, and hopefully no one noticed, or cared for that matter, that I had left the werewolf meeting. I mean, I wasn't going to help with whatever they were planning doing there, so what's the point in wasting precious sleeping time. So, after that little encounter, I walked back to Valerie and resumed the same protective position I was in. Immediately, I fell into a dreamless sleep. When I woke up, it was after they had cleaned up camp and everything. I had a moment of panic when I noticed that I was in my boy form, then I remembered the events of last night.

I saw a group of three girls consisting of Thalia, Phoebe, and another senior hunter, Aubree. (Made her up.) They had a bucket in hand, and a confused look on their faces. Then I noticed that I was sitting in a puddle of freezing water, and smirk. "You seem to have forgotten that I only get wet if I want." They all just rolled their eyes and stalked away, but not before Aubree saying, "It did the job, didn't it?" I just laughed to myself while shaking my head. It's good to have a family again. I looked down at myself and noticed that I was shirtless and had very small and tight boxers on. I don't know how that happened, and I don't want to know. I just quickly got dressed in the clothes that were set next to me.

I don't know who put them there, but I am eternally in their debt. It was just a black sleeveless hoodie with silver drawstring things, you know that control the hood, and the zipper was also a silver. It had black joggers, not made for guys, and black shoes with silver laces. As we continued our walk to that hell hole of a camp, Artemis briefly explaining the hoodie. Apparently the hood could only be pulled down by me, and hid my face to help protect my identity. She told me that the outfit was a gift from Hestia, so when we stopped for lunch I scraped a majority of my food off for her.

After a day full of walking, we got to the dreaded place. It was about 8:00 on a Friday, so capture the flag was still going on. We got set up in the Artemis cabin, and just hung out until the game was over. The campers gathered outside of our cabin, so we all walked outside. I stood at the back of the group, off to the side, in the shadows. Wow, I feel like Nico. Speak of the devil, he appeared next to me. That dam shadow travel, it still kind of freaks me out. "Hey, Perce," he greeted. "How did you know?" I asked, getting kind of disappointed that I didn't get to freak him out with my identity. "You smell like the ocean. Also like many of the gods with some wolf, but mostly like the ocean," he explained. "Oh," was my only response as I relaxed my muscles. "Not that it's not awesome to see you, but what are you doing here?"

"After all that schist happened, I got blessed by most of the Olympian council and became Guardian of the Hunt. Zeus made them come here, so I had to come." "So that explains all the symbols on the tattoo, and why the hunters haven't killed you yet." I was caught up in the conversation, so I didn't notice when all the eyes went on me. I eventually looked up and saw everyone staring. I waved and said, "Hi." That made everyone look shocked. I was confused until Nico cleared his throat, signaling that it was my voice. We thought of everything but my voice! Seriously! When he cleared his throat that made all the eyes turn to him. If possible they looked more confused that he seemed to know me. Artemis took all the captivation of the campers back to her, and she received an unseen grateful look.

After that little debacle, everyone went back to their cabins. The hunters did the same, and I told them that I was going to take a walk first. Valerie volunteered to come with me, and the look in her eyes told me that I wasn't going anywhere without her. I accepted, and as we left the cabin I told her, "You remember Nico Di Angelo from my stories?" She nodded. "Well, we are going to meet him, so please be nice and don't try to pry into his life and stuff like that. Got it?" "Yup," she popped the p. "He was my favorite from your stories, along with Leo." I playfully glared at her and she added, "Of course after you." "Good. At long as she," I put as much venom into the word as possible, "is at the bottom." "Obviously," she said with smile. "Does he know who you are?" Val asked. "Yeah," I answered with my pouty five year old face and voice. By then we were in the forest by the lake.            Word Count: 1122