Through It All...◍

Start from the beginning

--------(✿⁠)--------

After school and some time at the Underground, Hailey and Laito sat cuddled up on his bed. He rested his back on the headboard while she rested hers on his chest. He bent to lean in the crook of her neck, occasionally kissing and biting her earlobe.

"Laito.... Would you turn me into a vampire?..." Hailey suddenly asked. She didn't expect to just blurt it out like that but she didn't have any other way to ask him about it without beating around the bush.

"What?....." Laito rose his head from it's resting place and used his hand to tilt her jaw so she could face him. He looked into her eyes for a moment before letting go of her chin. He had wondered what would have been bothering her. He expected this but he didn't expect it so soon. He already knew of her shorter lifespan before he'd confessed to her. He rested his chin on her head and said,

"Believe me.... I want to turn you.... Wanted to for a while now... But I need to be sure it's what you want..." His voice came out in a whisper. Hailey turned her whole body so she was facing him.

"What if I wanted you to turn me?...." She whispered against his lips. His eyes grew wide for a second but reverted back to it's usually half lidded gaze.

"Princess.... This is a serious matter here.... Now now.... Don't joke about such things...."

"But!.... But I'll age... I'll age and then... Then I'll die and leave you here.... I don't want to be apart from you..." She confessed, her voice going lower as her mood shifted to that of sadness. Laito kissed her forehead and said,

"It's okay.... I'd still love you if you're old and grey... But if you want to become a vampire, you'll have to live here.... Would you be able to leave your family?... Your home?... Just to stay with me?..." He explained calmly. " I need you to think about this... There's no going back after you've been turned... And your father may disown you for becoming one of us...." He brushed a few strands of her stray bangs behind her ear.

She went silent as she thought about his heavy words. Laito took the opportunity to press his lips on hers in a long and soothing kiss. He took his time, gently caressing her lips with his own. After a while, he broke from the kiss and sighed,

"If you want to... You can inform your father before you decide.... I'll be here for you... Whether you choose to be a human or a vampire... I'd still love you... And touch you regardless...." He smirked at the end and squeezed one of her breasts to prove a point.

A week after their discussion, Hailey spoke to her father. His grey eyes had observed her as she explained what she truly wanted. Alphonse Bach was a tall slender man in his late forties. He had pale brown hair and dark grey eyes. He was a handsome man even as his face had started growing a few lines due to ageing. He was rarely at home but he loved and cherished his daughter. She looked exactly like his late wife. Her night hours at school made it almost impossible for them to both be at home at the same time but he still called or texted to check in on her whenever he could.

Hailey was surprised when he later said she could do as she wished. He had first asked her if she loved Laito and made arrangements to meet the redheaded vampire. Laito had been on his best behaviour, ignoring the urge to explore Hailey's body in new territory. He'd wanted to impress her father and he was glad Hailey still wore the necklace he'd given her. Alphonse had asked Laito a few questions. Most of them asking if he was capable of taking care of his daughter. He already knew of the Sakamakis' endless wealth so money wasn't what he was asking about.

After they had spent time talking for hours, Alphonse found out he actually liked Laito and gave his consent for his daughter's departure. He said that she was welcome to the house whenever she wanted to stay with him and he'd made sure she promised to always visit him. He was well aware he wouldn't live forever and he wanted his daughter to spend time with him before he'd die years later.

It was almost like he was giving his blessings to their marriage. Laito had made that comment once he and Hailey were safely tucked in his bed. He later explained that the main reason he would be able to turn her into a vampire was because they had established some sort of bond by being close and spending time with each other. And also, he'd been frequently taking her blood.

One night, while Laito made love to Hailey, He'd bitten her and secreted his venom into her blood stream, beginning the phase of her transition into a vampire.

********