Uncertainty

Day in and day out for a few weeks, our only missions were to catch lost pets. But unlike how others went for just cats we were also sometimes tasked with ninja trained pets who ran just to be cheeky or were mad at their jonin trainers. We captured an Inuzuka clan husky-like dog, a weird fast running Ostrich,2 boxing Kangaroos, a giant Anteater, a taijutsu chicken and some farm animals who also werent easy to catch.

We didnt complain about how the missions were easy because they weren't,  while they seemed as such less dangerous, by the end of the day my teammates were physically strained due to the amount of running we had to do added the training afterwards sensei got us to do.

"Jeeeez, i cant believe that pig could shoot out like fast moving poop as if  it's butt was some weapon" complained Saina while we ate lunch at the dango restaurant after another long mission which we completed pretty fast compared to others. Each of us bought something else from another shop and came here to just eat the food and get dango same time as desert. The case of a runaway pig who was shooting hot scalding,stinky poop out of its butt as if the poop were bullets from a gun.

"At least you didnt get shot with a poop grenade" Haruki shivered and gulped, we both looked at him the smell still there, we moved our chairs away from him. A vein of anger popped out of his head as we did, "Yea, your right. Glad it wasn't me" Seina said.

"Tch, whatever" he rolled his eyes and just ate his food, he did shower but the smell just wasn't going away easily.

"There you are students" we head a voice say, then looked outside the shop eating area to see Han-sensei walking towards us. "You gotta be kidding me" Haruki looked back at us and said wih a groan, fearing another animal mission.

A few more seconds in and sensei took a spare chair that was really close to Haruki, "i wanted to-" he sniffed the air, then looked at Haruki "oh...you should shower" he said, an angry red vein popped from Haruki's forehead and he screamed, "i took 50 showers!!nothing is working!!!". Sensei was taken aback by the outburst but kept a straight face, "did you try a tomato juice bath? You can never go wrong with that, if its strong enough to kill skunk smell, its strong enough to kill this" he adviced.

Haruki sighed and said, "alright, ill go try that at home" he then stood up but before he could leave sensei held his wrist,"hang on, before you leave i wanted to tell all three of you that we just got our first B-rank mission" he said in a low voice so no one around us would hear. "Wait really? How did we go from D to B though?we're still genin" asked Seina, all three of us gave her a weird look.

"What do you mean? Our animal captures of ninja skilled animals and wild animals were more so considered C-rank at one point given how troublesome they are, they were strong enough to be rated as C rank." Haruki reminded.

"Oh? really that's awesome. So sensei what type of mission are we looking at here? guarding a vip? renaissance or-"
"assassination" he said. We all looked at him in shock, "huh? who exactly is our target? And why give us this mission we haven't exactly killed anyone before." Haruki questioned.

"Yes, you see this mission involves killing minor ninja and some bandits, which is where you three come in, but it also involves me killing their big boss, they've been causing trouble for a small farming village in the far lands of the land of fire and its our job to stop them, we don't really have to assasinate the lower ranked pawns but if need be we have to, specifically you three. However,if its too much you guys can tie them up and i can finish the job afterwards." He said with an understanding smile.

We all nodded, "yes,sensei!" the other two said, "i dont mind killing" i said with a smile, all three looked at me, i looked at my squadmates, "you guys call yourself ninja yet can't kill an enemy? Thats kinda pathetic for people in your station isn't it?" i said, both of them looked down in shame and confusion, thinking over whether to kill or not in the upcoming mission.

"Haruki,Seina, dont worry about it. You are ninja and you will prove yourselves in this mission. Trust me, your all gonna prove yourselves with this one. We'll leave tomorrow morning, for today take a break and pack up" Han-sensei said before disappearing with a poof of smoke left behind, "a shadow clone?" Haruki said.

"Yea" Seina confirmed absent-mindedly, still obviously thinking about what i said.

Next morning at the gate.

All 3 of us were there waiting for sensei, who arried in just 5 minutes afterwards, "you all ready?", "Yes sensei!" We all said and just like that we were off jumping by the tree's branches.

Everyone was quiet, even loud mouth Haruki, all mentally preparing for whats to come.

After 2 hours we made it to the village

In the forest surrounding the village sensei instructed us, "alright, we're gonna arrive soon. As i said this mission is a stealth type. 1 person and me are gonna observe and act like travelers, while the other two keep an eye on the surrounding area, we'll meet at the same time each night so go over what we learned, when the enemies arrive, we scope out the amount and that is the amount we need to kill, the day the big boss arrives is the day we act, i go for him, you three go for his workers. Got it?"

"Yes sensei" we all said, the other two seemed gloomy then usual though, "alright,(Y/N) since your a byakugan user you'll be on watch duty indefinitely" he said with a smile,"cant we swap?" i asked, not keen on doing one job, "nope!, as for the person staying with you, im gonna have to choose Haruki, not like the girls get along much so best course of action, but you two will swap roles tomorrow and Haruki will come with me" he said.

We all nodded and the two changed clothes to look like non-ninja and wondered off to the village

To be continued...