What a nut job.

...

Maddy walked inside the lobby of Sonic Boom but she came to a complete stop when she heard an announcement on the TV mounted on the wall.

"Matthew Phillips is in the news again and he isn't even in the country." the newscaster said.

Maddy felt all eyes on her. She wanted to shout 'seriously' at them, but figured that would just make them stare more. She focused on the television.

"That's right. Matt Phillips hosted several concerts in Sidney, Australia. But that's not why he's in the news."

"Well get on with it." she snapped, then blushed realizing she had said that aloud.

"A woman was spotted leaving the rock star's hotel room late last night. We do not know who the woman is, but we have to ask. What about Maddy Carson? We thought she had reformed the once player, but has he fallen back into his old habits? We will just have to see."

The newscaster moved on, but Maddy's head was stuck in the statement about the woman being in his hotel room. She shook her head. She trusted Matt.

...

Matt felt like he was going mad. He could swear that he was seeing Sheila everywhere. She had sent notes, fruits, and flowers. He was so glad to board the plane and head home and see Maddy and the twins. Karl was grabbing a later flight; he had wanted to film more of Australia.

They were waiting for him at the Miami airport. The twins ran into his arms.

"Hey Little Man! Hey Princess! I missed you!" he said, hugging them tightly.

Maddy watched with a small smile. He set the twins down and embraced her. He froze suddenly, something appearing in the corner of his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Maddy asked, concerned.

"I-uh-nothing. Let's go home." he said.

He glanced around as they headed out of the airport. He could have sworn he saw-. He shook his head.

Nah.

...

"You were on the news again." Maddy said when they arrived back at the apartment.

The kids were in their rooms playing with the souvenirs Matt got them.

"What now?" he sighed.

"It was about woman leaving your hotel room." she said, pulling things out of the fridge to make lunch.

"A stalker." he responded, "She was so delusional. Somehow she got backstage and found out my hotel room number. She thinks we are going to get married. You know it's only you, right darling?"

She smiled at him over her shoulder, busy at the counter.

"I know Matt." she said.

He let out sigh of relief. Maddy set down the knife she'd been using and approached him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, his own arms wrapping around her waist seemingly by their own accord. She looked into his eyes.

"I love you." she said definitively, "And I know you love me too. I know you love my children and they love you. I trust you. You were the one who helped me trust again, so naturally, it should be given to you."

He closed his eyes, his forehead meeting hers, and sighed.

"How'd I get so lucky?" he asked.

Maddy giggled and pecked him on the lips. She turned back to her earlier task.