Chapter 19

DISCLAIMER: I do not own this story The original story is called 'Slapped', It was written for the Austin and Ally Fandom by @ThePenIsMighty. This story belongs to her and I take no credit for the story line. Names and places have been changed. No copyright infringement intended.

I actually did write chapter 1 to 5 then the rest is not mine.

...

"What!" Melissa and Allan exclaimed together.

Maddy opened her mouth to respond, but her cell rang. She winced when she read the ID.

"It's Mr. Matlock." she said, getting up to leave the room, "I gotta take this. Maria?"

"I'll continue." Maria said.

"Who's Mr. Matlock?" Melissa asked.

"Maddy's lawyer." Maria answered. "Emily is married to her ex-husband."

"Married?" Melissa said in disbelief, "She's married?"

"Yes." Maria confirmed.

Maddy came back into the room.

"What did he say?" Trish said.

"Well, he's not happy with me and he's coming here." Maddy said, sitting back down.

"Why does your lawyer need to be here?" Allan asked.

"I didn't get very far." Maria said to Maddy.

"Please start explaining!" Allan exclaimed angrily, "Why does your lawyer have to be here?"

"Allan, please." Melissa set a hand on her husband's arm, "I have a feeling there is a lot more involved."

Maddy was glad for Melissa's understanding.

"Mr. Matlock said it was important to wait until he got here." she said, "He'll be here shortly."

Maddy and Maria sat with Emily's parents uncomfortably. They both let out a relieved sigh when the doorbell rang. Allan got up to answer.

"Hello sir, I'm Wren Matlock." Mr. Matlock said, offering his hand.

Allan shook it.

"I'm Allan Cahill. Now can we know what the hell is going on?" he said, ushering Mr. Matlock into the living room.

"Allan." Melissa said.

"I apologize Mr. and Mrs. Cahill; my client should not have come here so haphazardly."

Maddy looked away from Mr. Matlock's glare.

"Just explain." Allen sighed.

"I-" Maddy began.

Mr. Matlock put his hand up to stop her.

"Miss Carson, perhaps it's best if I do the speaking."

Ally nodded, feeling like a child getting scolded.

"Miss Carso was previously married to your daughter's husband, Johnny Collin. She is currently fighting him for the custody of their two children. Part of Miss Carson's case rests on proving that her husband was abusive towards her." Mr. Matlock said in his professional manner, "We believe he is doing the same thing to Emily."

Melissa let out a sob. Allan wrapped his arms around her.

"When was the last time you saw your daughter Mr. and Mrs. Cahill?"

"A little over two years ago." Melissa said tearfully, "She left one morning for school and didn't come home."

"She lived here at home?" Maria asked.