"Brian. Wha-Why-- What are you doing?"

Karishma looks as confused as she has ever been. She doesn't move in or away as she tries very hard to comprehend the scene in front of her. Her partner whom she would take a bullet for is pointing his gun right at her. He doesn't even have one bit of hesitation in his eyes. In fact, he doesn't have anything at all in his eyes that reminds her of the man she thought she knew. A step is taken forward and another is about to follow when Haseena grabs her wrist and stops her from doing so. One of them doesn't need any explanation of the scene so automatically, she becomes clear eyes to watch over her. Brian still holds his gun as tightly as he has ever been. He points it right at the pair like this is something he has set his mind on for a long long time; like this is something he has been waiting for a long long time to do. He doesn't forget to lean his aim towards Haseena as well. He knows if someone is going to attack him, it'll be Karishma but he also knows that Haseena is no joke and she can pull an unexpected stunt.

"Sit down." Brian waves his gun to gesture the pair to sit back down at the table that the joyful breakfast still lies. The gun in his hand is yet to kill the pair but it has surely killed their appetizes.

Karishma doesn't follow the order right away as she takes her time. She takes her time to piece all the pieces together. She was blinded by the trust she has been giving him. As soon as she sets that aside, her sight reaches 20/20 and her mind lands on the sensible conclusion. Still, there are a few pieces of puzzles that need answers. "Why?"

"Just sit your ass down, Singh." Brian says calmly. His tone hasn't changed into anything else. His tone is still the one Karishma has always heard every day for the past months but now it is given a new interpretation. The tone that used to feel a bit like home takes a massive turn. He still points the gun at them when he moves his sight to the phone in his hand. He dials quickly and keeps his eyes at them again. He smirks and chuckles in his throat. His plan is working perfectly without any flaws and he can hardly wait for the next steps to be proceeded.

Karishma glances at Brian talking on the phone with his accomplice and then, she glances at Haseena who is next to her with worries on her face. Words are not said but looks are shared. They try to communicate with looks; the method they have yet to be best at. Karishma nods slightly to ensure Haseena of her safety and slowly reaches down to her ankle where her sidearm is secured.

"Are you sure about that?" Brian asks and for the first time, his devilish side emerges and the chills are sent down Karishma's spine. She is not afraid of him but she is afraid of the unknown. At this point, everything becomes the unknown for her. "Trust me, kid. You don't want to do that."

Karishma rapidly pulls her gun out of the holster. Then, she pauses before slowly placing the gun on the table; by the plate that is still full of breakfast.

"Karishma." Haseena exclaims whispery with her wide eyes. She knows deep in her soul that Karishma can protect her; with or without a gun, but what Karishma has just done appears a bit nonsense. She has just listened and complied to what her partner has said. Karishma had her chance and she intentionally blew it. "What are you doing?"

"Yes. Karishma. What are you doing?" Brian repeats after Haseena word by word with the mocking tone that cuts through Karishma's soul. He knows exactly what Karishma is doing but hearing it from Karishma's mouth would be so satisfying.

Karishma takes a deep breath that turns to be a big sigh and turns to Haseena without really looking into her eyes. She feels ashamed. She feels like she is letting Haseena down with her recklessness. "My gun is unloaded."

"I'm sorry. What was that again?" Brian puts his hand to his ear and pretends like he didn't hear a word that has come out from his partner's mouth.

"You've unloaded my fucking gun." Karishma lets out her frustration that somehow has a mixture of disappointment; not entirely in Brian but partially in herself. She bashes her fist on the table and spills the coffee out of the cup. She is furious.