"Come on," he chuckled, "it wasn't that bad."

I looked over to Leonardo but he seemed like he was avoiding making eye contact with me. I remembered now. He had royally pissed me off last night and then said he loved me. Now he seemed like he didn't want to have anything to do with me. The feeling was mutual.

"Why'd you bring him?" I questioned my dad.

"He wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well, I'm fine," I snapped smugly. I guess my emotions were heightened as well.

"Can you please put some clothes on?" Leonardo spoke through a clenched jaw.

I pulled the blanket tightly around me and rolled my eyes. "Pervert," I muttered as I brushed past him and out the door. Modesty was lost to all wolves, being that we frequently shifted in front of one another. Why was he so squeamish around me?

I went upstairs to my room and closed the door behind me. I looked in my mirror and saw that my thin frame was now more lean and curvy and my skin had a healthy glow to it that wasn't present before. My hair even had a little more life in it. I didn't look that different, just more lively.

I put on a shirt and a pair of shorts before going back downstairs. I looked down the hallway and saw Leonardo exiting my dad's office.

Leonardo walked towards me and tried to touch my face but I hit his hand away. Had he lost mind?

"What's wrong with you?" I snapped. What had gotten into him?

Leonardo searched my eyes, "don't you...can't you feel it?"

"Feel how creepy you're being, then yes."

"If you think this is funny Juliet, it's not," he spoke sternly. "I get that I'm not your favorite person in the world, but you can't go against fate. You shifted."

"Fate?" I rolled my eyes and turned to leave, "Me shifting doesn't mean I'm not still pissed at you."

"Juliet wait." Leonardo grabbed my wrist and I yanked it away. Well I guess I was strong enough to get out of his grip now.

"Stop touching me!" I hissed, an animalistic growl buried behind my words.

Leonardo stared into my eyes. "You really don't feel anything?" he asked, the pain noticeable in his voice.

"What are you talking about?"

Leonardo cupped my face and before I could react he kissed me. His lips moved against mine like I was a drink of water in the desert. It was so intense and passionate. I would have relished in this moment...if it was with anyone but him. This momentary bliss soon faded and was replaced with anger.

I pulled away and slapped him. "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"You're my mate Juliet."

"What..." I muttered. "You're lying."

"Why would I lie about this?" He began, "I said that that I loved you yesterday. It slipped out, but I meant it."

"You never said anything before," I replied. After a werewolf shifts for the first time, they're able to find their mate. But if the mate is human, they wouldn't feel that same pull. For werewolves who haven't shifted yet, they would only feel a very slight connection to their mate until they shifted for the first time as well.

That shouldn't have stopped Leonardo from telling me I was his mate though. He shifted very young. That meant that if he was telling the truth, he had hidden it from me for years. Why would he do something like that? Was he ashamed of me? Was this all some big lie?