Chapter 82: Buying and Selling (Part 1,2 & 3)

Start from the beginning

Hoseok, who knew about the animosity between Jennie and Prince Yu, was surprised. If it were an ordinary person, they would fear Prince Yu's residence's power. But Jennie not only wasn't afraid but was also plotting to attack. She was clever to realize that the Imperial family backed Prince Yu's residence and was trying to create a rift. If the Imperial family doubted Prince Yu, their protective umbrella over the residence would be useless.

But even so, what was her ultimate plan?

"Accept this business," Taehyung said. "And inform the Chen family in Jiangnan as soon as possible."

"Rest assured. I've already had Hong Ling send a letter to Yu province. However, the Chen family's case has dragged on for three years, and I'm not sure if this Shen family young lady's news is accurate. After all, the Chen family initially tried countless methods and found nothing. How could this young lady know what they didn't? If her information is fake, the Chen family might not treat her kindly." Ji Yu Shu spoke with his mouth full of snacks.

"Since she came here to sell the information, it must be legitimate," Taehyung frowned. "There are just certain parts of her story that don't add up."

"Are you here just to eat?" Hoseok teased Ji Yu Shu. "Aren't you the manager of Feng Xian Pawnshop? Haven't you had snacks before?"

Ji Yu Shu waved his finger dismissively. "Nowhere else's snacks can compare to those made by Third Brother's chef. Last time, when I brought some to Miss Shao Yao, she actually smiled at me. That proves," he lifted a snack to Hoseok's face, "there's something different about them."

Hoseok shook his head in exasperation. Meanwhile, Ji Yu Shu suddenly looked thoughtful and pulled a banknote from his pocket. "Speaking of which, that Shen family young lady gave me a thousand taels to gather information."

"What kind of information?" Taehyung and Hoseok asked simultaneously.

"To find someone named Liu Ying," Ji Yu Shu explained, "most likely a girl from a brothel in Ding capital. It's crucial for me to locate her." He added with curiosity, "Why would she want to find a brothel girl? Is she, like me, fond of beauties?"

Hoseok and Taehyung exchanged glances, with the former puzzled and the latter shaking his head lightly.

As Hong Ling escorted her out, Mo Yoongi and the others breathed a sigh of relief, seeing that Jennie was safe and sound. Jennie had stayed inside for quite a while, and if she had lingered any longer, they might have stormed in to get her out. Shen Qiu had repeatedly warned them that Jennie had stirred up trouble, so they needed to be cautious during this journey. If they lost Jennie, Shen Qiu would surely hold them accountable.

With a polite smile, Hong Ling addressed Jennie, "May Shen Young Lady return in ten days' time."

"Thank you, Supervisor Hong," Jennie replied softly.

By the door, a young shop assistant couldn't help but steal more glances at Jennie, likely because it was the first time he had seen Hong Ling treat someone with such respect.