Chapter 5. Date

Ian listened to Shauna, he didn't fully understand why she ran from him. He got the fact that it probably freaked her out and made her run. But it didn't make sense to him fully, unless she surprised that he was her imprint? "Are you upset about it?" He asked her, through the mind link hoping that she wasn't mad at him being her imprint.

"What? N-no. Just shocked that it's you, I like you Ian a lot. I have since you first showed up to the pack, when you arrived back in forks. So no I'm not upset or mad, just in shock that your my imprint and mate now. I'm just scared of what Sam will think." Shauna really was terrified of what Sam would think, since Ian is a lycan and she was a shifter which he was part shifter.

Ian walked closer towards her to see what she'd do, he just stood there looking at her before gently touching his snot to hers. "We can deal with Sam later. I don't care what he'll think. I only care about you Shauna, not what anyone else thinks. I'm just as shocked as you are, even if I wanted to go up and talk to you the first day I saw you." Ian spoke truthfully, he really was glad that it was her even if Sam wouldn't be to happy Ian was. "I'm just glad to know that I have a chance to be with you now."

After the meet in the woods and them telling Sam, about them being each other's imprints Sam no longer kept the two of them apart. He wasn't to happy of Ian being Shauna's imprint, but he trusted him to look after his sister and protect her, seeing as to how much Ian did really care about his sister and maybe just maybe this could help Ian with his trauma. Which Sam and Jacob both hoped it would help both of them, to finally be able to let someone in to take care of them.

Skip to their first date to the almost middle of new moon

Ian stood at the front door waiting for Shauna, while talking to Sam and Emily. He was taking to them about advice and on where to take her for a date, he didn't know a lot about her but he was hoping to know more about her on their date tonight, which was to a nice restaurant like place that also had a small bar.

He looked at the stairs when he saw Shauna walking down, he was stunned at how beautiful she looked as his face broke into a smile. "Wow you look beautiful." Ian told her with a smile.

Shauna blushed with a smile, as she looked at him taking in how he looked. "Not to bad yourself." She mumbled, before blushing even more and smiling as his small chuckle/laugh left his lips.

"Why thank you." Ian told her, before getting the front door for her and telling Sam that he'd look out for her, and keep her safe since Victoria was back in town running around. "Shall we?" He asked her, giving her his arm to take out to his car. Ian smiled once again as Shauna took his arm, as they walked out to his car before getting the door for her, and hopping in.

"Where are we going?" Ian heard Shauna ask him, after he got into the car and started it up after getting buckled up of course. "It's a surprise." Ian told her, not wanting to spoil it or tell her anything since it was a good place to eat, and wasn't very busy on weekends.

Ian and Shauna had a small conversation, on the way there about their tastes in food and drinks. He was amazed that she had never actually drank anything before, but it more surprised him when she told him that she wasn't one for going out much or meeting new people. Which he could understand, he wasn't one for going out either unless it was for work but even then he mainly kept to himself.

Once there at the restaurant though, he parked the car and unbuckled, before grabbing the door for her and letting her take his arm again, before leading her into the restaurant. "Hi. I believe I had a table reserved for two." Ian said politely to the waitress. "Okay. May I get a name?" The waitress politely responded back.
"Ian." He said politely, before following the waitress to the table, as he let his arm fall as he wrapped a arm around her waist, pulling her close to him. When he noticed a guy watching them both from afar, he didn't trust the guy but he wanted just to focus on his mate.

Ian let her slid into the booth, before sliding in on the opposite side looking at her with a smile before opening up the menu. He told the waitress that a beer would be fine for him, before asking Shauna what she wanted to drink. He ordered her drink which was a sweet tea, he smiled as he tried to start a small conversation so it wasn't so awkward. Both of them talked about likes and dislikes, which both of them liked to sing but nobody really listened to them, or seemed to care to. Both of them shared almost the same taste in music, Ian also played some guitar but in private of course when he wasn't working.

Ian soon however got on the topic of his family, when Shauna mentioned that Sam took her in as his adoptive sister when she arrived in forks not to soon after that her wolf form had appeared. "What was your family like? If you don't mind me asking?" Shauna asked him softly yet hesitantly, not wanting to push him to tell her to much if he didn't want too.

"I don't mind." Ian really didn't mind, he just didn't want to tell her the full story yet about what had happened to his family. "They were kind and helpful people. My mom and dad, worked almost everyday from the time I was young. I was left most of the time to babysit my younger brother Shawn. We were the only friends each other had, even in school I didn't have many friends. My brother and I struggled to fit in, my parents homeschooled us after my brother helped me into the door after I took a beating for him from bullies." Ian smiled a little bit at the memory of when he saved his brother from the bullies.