Finding a Fortress

Jordan's POV:

We dashed back to the portal as quickly as possible. I didn't need another death on this island. None of us did. We teleported back home and Sonja immediately went to the house and lied down. "Wait, how many levels do you have?" Tom asked me, looking at the iron pick in my hand. I checked my experience and grinned.

"30," I replied "Time to get us some fortune!" I sprinted over to the enchanting room with Tom and Sonja not far behind. I placed the pick in there and saw that there was still the Fortune III...? enchant there. Skimming through the book and finding the page, and placed my hand on it and enchanted the item.

"Well, what'd you get on it?" Sonja asked quickly. A grin spread across my face as I held up the pick. "Fortune III, Efficiency IV Unbreaking III" I said happily, holding the pick high in the air. Sonja and Tom let out laughs of happiness. "You know what this means." Tom said, putting his hands by his side. Sonja and I looked at him as I questioned "Blaze rod time?" Tom nodded and Sonja finished with "Brewing stand, which means," but Tom cut her off by saying "Water breathing potions." I grinned at the both of them.

"And that all adds up to Elder Guardian." I said proudly. Tom ran back towards the home and came back with a diamond chestplate and diamond leggings. "I'm gonna enchant this, I've got thirty levels." Tom mumbled, walking towards the enchanting room.

We followed after him as he skimmed around the enchantments. He put in the legs and came out happily with saying "Unbreaking III and Protection III!" Tom equipped the leggings. "Wait, Tom, go and enchant the chestplate and give it to me." I said, pointing at the chestplate. Tom shook his head. "Let's just get to the Nether and find some more levels first, maybe find the stuff for a brewing stand." Tom said plainly. I sighed and made my way over to the portal with Sonja and Tom following close behind.

"Wait..." Sonja said "Can I go strip mine? I don't really want to go back to the Nether right now." Tom nodded and replied "Yeah, the two of us will go and be manly." Sonja walked back to the mine while Tom and I jumped towards the portal. We jumped out of the portal and started wandering around a little bit.

We debated what our techniques would be for fighting the Elder Guardian. Tom wanted to kill everything, but I wanted to take a slower approach. While Tom was trying to convince me why we should kill everything I saw some Nether brick out of the corner of my eye. "Whoa whoa whoa!" I said "I think I see a temple!" Tom looked around me and smiled. It was a temple, filled to the brim with Blazes.

"Let's take 'em out!" Tom exclaimed, running towards the mobs and slaying them out one by one. I followed after him and swung my sword. We ended up fighting blazes for a good few hours until we found a ton of blaze rods. "Okay, let's get home, enchant some stuff, and make some pots." I said, sliding my sword back into my belt. Tom nodded and replied "Yeah, job well done." I nodded and we made our way back home.

—————————————————————————————————————————————-

I was going to write more but I got tired and Mianite storyline was happening so yeah XD. So close, 200 reads! I'll update twice a day and we can try and reach it!