15. man i didn't kiss her and i should have

" MEET THE FAMILY DAY "

<3

Charlie had totally forgotten about the dance rehearsal today. She had woken up like any normal day, getting ready and going down the kitchen.

When she had spotted her mom, she sent her a smile and gave her a hug, before grabbing some cereal.

"Charlie, honey?" Susannah called.

"Yeah, mom?"

"Don't you have dance rehearsal today?"

Shit, Charlie thought. Her eyes widen, as she peered down at her phone to check the date.

"Oh, I am screwed." Charlie groaned, dashing up the stairs to get changed.

"Wait! Do you have an escort?" Susannah yelled after her, to which Charlie did not reply. She was too busy shuffling through her closet to find the dress she picked out weeks ago.

She eventually found the pale pink dress that went along with a white bolero jacket. She quickly changed and searched through her contacts for who she could call to be her escort.

Her finger hovered over Mason's contact, unsure of whether she should bother him or not. But her mom calling for her downstairs caused her to just do it, hitting the call button and bringing the phone to her ear.

When he picked up, she wasted no time in getting to the point, "Do you have a suit and tie?"

"Well, hi to you too." Mason laughed. "Yeah, I have one. What do you need it for?"

"I know this is so sudden and I'm sorry to dump this on you all at once but, will you be my escort to the deb ball?" Charlie asked.

"Oh."

She winced, "I'm so sorry, I know you said you don't like deb balls but I really need a date, there's this rehearsal today and Paige will skin me alive if I don't have a date and-"

"Charlie, I'm gonna cut you off there. I would love to be your escort." Charlie sighed in relief, thanking Mason profusely.

"I'm gonna send you my address. Thank you so much." As Charlie typed her address to him, Mason replied once again saying how it was no problem. Charlie hung up and did the last final touches on her hair and makeup before heading downstairs to meet Mason.

She met her mom downstairs who gazed at her lovingly. "Oh, my darling, you're so pretty. You're like an angel." Charlie smiled at her moms praise, giving her a quick hug.

"Thank you, mom. I gotta go, my date is here." before Charlie could leave Susannah put a hand on her shoulder.

"And who is this date of yours?" she asked with a knowing smile on her face.

Charlie whined, "Mom, I'm gonna be late."

Susannah shook her head playfully, "Well, if you won't tell me anything about him I'll just have to meet him myself." she walked past Charlie and to the the door, where Mason's car probably already was.

"Wait, what?" when her mom didn't stop to respond, Charlie had to chase after her, "Mom!"

When Charlie had made it out of the house her mom was already chatting with Mason who rolled down the window of the drivers seat.

"Charlie, honey, there you are!" Susannah had a wide smile as she waved Charlie over to them, "You didn't tell me that he was so handsome."

Charlie groaned, running a hand over her face. "Mom." she dragged out the word, whining at how her mom was embarrassing her.